Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Songs Over 10 Minutes

Solved!

Songs Over 10 Minutes

Can anyone from Spotify explain why certain songs over 10 minutes are not available on Spotify, but they are, for the most part, available on Rdio and MOG? Examples of this are The Who - My Generation (from Live from Leeds); The Who - Underture (from Tommy); Derek and the Dominos - Let it Rain (from Live at the Fillmore); and Emerson, Lake and Palmer - Tarkus (from Tarkus).

These are classic albums and the fact that they are incomplete may be a dealbreaker that leads me to go to one of Spotify's competitors.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

It might be a copyright/licensing issue, just with those tracks in particular... There are plenty of other 10+ minute long tracks available on Spotify. I am a progressive rock listener myself, so I hear you and I sympathize with you!

Check out their FAQ for more info: https://www.spotify.com/us/help/faq/content/

-kat

Without music, life would B♭

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

There are plenty of tracks over 10 minutes available on Spotify - We certainly do not discriminate between track lengths. We love songs both long and short.

Some of these tracks are on Universal, and I believe part of the problem might be related to some metadata problems that also made the track unplayable.

However, I could find some of the tracks are available to be played on the Spotify service. A little further look appears to show the unavailable versions of the tracks to be on a different record label than the playable ones. Some artists will have different licenses in different countries. We have a little more information about this in our FAQ here. It seems that these tracks in particular may have been outside of the original licensing. 

Airhorn Enthusiast

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Marked as solution

It might be a copyright/licensing issue, just with those tracks in particular... There are plenty of other 10+ minute long tracks available on Spotify. I am a progressive rock listener myself, so I hear you and I sympathize with you!

Check out their FAQ for more info: https://www.spotify.com/us/help/faq/content/

-kat

Without music, life would B♭
Marked as solution

There are plenty of tracks over 10 minutes available on Spotify - We certainly do not discriminate between track lengths. We love songs both long and short.

Some of these tracks are on Universal, and I believe part of the problem might be related to some metadata problems that also made the track unplayable.

However, I could find some of the tracks are available to be played on the Spotify service. A little further look appears to show the unavailable versions of the tracks to be on a different record label than the playable ones. Some artists will have different licenses in different countries. We have a little more information about this in our FAQ here. It seems that these tracks in particular may have been outside of the original licensing. 

Airhorn Enthusiast

What about František Filipovský – Bylo nás pět - My hoši, co spolu mluvíme ? Looking at whole album (spoken word), all tracks under 10mins are available, other are not. Any idea what's wrog in this particular case?

The bug is back. Again it is about UMG tracks. Just like the last time. Better contact UMG and have them fix it again. I would suggest maybe UMGs Facebook group rather than Spotify, as this is an UMG deal and nothing that Spotify can do anything about. 

Aw, I thought this was a message about songs you like that are over 10 minutes :(. Oh well, I'll make a message about that (this post was in the wrong category anyway).

Some deadmau5 songs over 10 minutes:

• Cthulhu Sleeps
  • Strobe
  • The Veldt (the whole version)
  • Clockwork

After the last update several 10+ songs have disapered! My favorit artist Vangelis, and Jon & Vangelis,  have many 10+ songs, wich are among their best. 😞 Also a few albums are now missing, why? It makes me a bit sad.

Last time around this was an unintended error from UMG's side. Hopefully is now as well. 

I guess it has something to do with different price policies for digital downloads, that you will have to pay more for downloading a 10 minute plus song. And then some technical mistaken has led to most of their 10 minute plus tracks disappearing from Spotify. Strangely not all, as, for instance, the 17 minute version of The Orb's "Blue Room" is still there in the "UFOrb" album. 

All songs of the band Liquid Tension Experiment that exceed 10 minutes are not available. Can you fix this ?

Hi.

It's 2018 today ... 
It happens again. 

wth???!!

Spotify started deleting songs over 10 minutes.

Most if not all songs longer than 10 minutes have disappeared from Frank Zappa's live albums. Seeing as FZ's catalog is the #1 reason I subscribe to Spotify, it would be great if this issue could be resolved. They were still available on Oct 21st.

Rush songs over 10 minutes are also gone.

It seems most of the studio albums still have the longer songs intact for now. 

UMG have had a lot of issues lately with a lot of songs and full albums disappearing, all kinds of artists and genres. Hopefully they will get it figured out. Anyway, the source of the problem is UMG and not Spotify, so no need complaining to Spotify about it. 

Suggested posts