Announcements

How to get Spotify to stop recommending Christian music every Sunday?

How to get Spotify to stop recommending Christian music every Sunday?

mnadig

Every Sunday, Spotify gives me the "Happy Sunday!" rack loaded with Christian music playlists. I'm not into Christian music, am not even Christian. Is there a way to disable it?

19 Replies

Re: How to get Spotify to stop recommending Christian music every Sunday?

user-removed
Not applicable

@mnadig

Hello:

Are you referring to the Browse page that shows content based for just Sunday? I think this all depends on what listening region one is in on the Spotify service, but I get both Xian offerings as well as secular offerings of curated Spotify playlists, like the Gameday curated Spotify playlist that is highlighted for Sundays.

Can you provide screen shots of the rack of Happy Sunday! that you are seeing with the Spotify app? You might have to do more than one screen shot from the app you are using, as the rack has arrow page controls left and right on the desktop app, and scrolling right and left for mobile apps.

jas3000

Just want to add that I get this too. I listen 75% electronic/club/house, 24% pop, 1% other (but NOT christian music). Yet, Spotify keeps recommending Christian music to me on my home page. Christian music has a whole rack on my home page, along with "you might also like". Can we just completely block a whole genre or something?

DrOtago

I agree. I would like to limit/block these from showing up every Sunday, but haven't found a way to do that. Is there a way to mark certain playlists so they don't ever show up? Thanks!

divemark
Casual Listener

Exactly my problem too. Did you figure out how to remove that genre from the browse menu?

curmudgeon1
Regular

I agree.  This is infuriating and may lead me to cancel my Premium account

zblewis

Yes please, Don't want to hear it. Please stop recommending it. They just need a click box for Christian playlists or not under settings. 

tonythedesigner

I have been asking this question since last year, how can I PLEASE stop Christian music and Country from popping up?

I never have, do not currently, and will never, ever listen to either genre.

Please give us an option in setting to block this, as your algorythms are obviously not working properly.

Thank you.

donemadesaid

Bump for this.  Spotify, please allow me to remove christian music from my browse.  It sucks.

kookiekarin
Gig Goer

yeah i agree with you all and the fact you cant even use the report option on their playlist is crazy too. hope they consider doing this for us all soon.

SUGGESTED POSTS