Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Songs suddenly becoming unavailable

Songs suddenly becoming unavailable

I was listening to the Pearl Jam album Lightning Bolt, which has always worked and even worked this morning, and then I disconnected from wifi and all but two songs were unavailable. I cannot retrieve access to the songs. I have tried disconnecting and reconnecting wifi, reinstalling the app, signing in and out. The weird part is that it stopped working on my iPhone, and then worked on my iPad for an additional 2 hours and now it's unavailable there too. It's disappeared literally right before my eyes. It also says it's available when I google it. I would love some help because this is a recurring problem and reslly annoying. I can't imagine why they would make the album unavailable after 3 years.
24 Replies

The same thing happened to me! I would love help with this too I don't understand why it would be taken off

This makes no sense to me. I was just listening last night. 

Thats weird. Even when I go to Pearl Jam's artist page it doesn't display the album. The newest album is the one from 2009. Could you possibly take a screenshot of the available Lightning Bolt album? Maybe it's just a few specific account errors. @ChadMac81

My apologies. To clear things up, I was just listening yesterday, but now it's gone. I can't think of a reason why they would remove this album exclusively.

Same here. The whole album disappeared, right a day after PJ played at Fenway...

Hey there folks!

Thanks for reaching out to us on the Community.

That's odd. Could you fire over a link to the album's Spotify URI?

Also, just to be sure, are you getting any error messages, or just no longer seeing the album in search? 

We'll take a closer look, and see what we can suggest 🙂

Thanks.

The full album just disappeared from the search. 

Hey guys, thanks for your quick responses!

In this case, could you let us know the country where you're currently located? Also, is this the album you're looking for: https://open.spotify.com/album/7t9f6jrmK6K7CDpVKyTaAk? If you can't open it, please send us a screenshot of the error message you receive. That would be super helpful.

We'll keep an eye over here.

I'm located in Mexico and I also cannot listen to this album. Is there any solution yet?

I´m from Mexico too, and its not fair that you block the content by country, i´m paying a premium subscription, that doesn't count??

Hey @r4ul90, this album is not available in Mexico right now.

You can find more info about this over here

For the other guys, were you able to access it from the link I provided earlier? 

Keep us posted.

I am in the U.S. and suddenly today I cannot play any songs. Just get: "This song is not available. If you have the file on your computer you can import it". 

I am a 'Free" user but if I can only play songs already on my computer why would I use Spotify??

Any help is appreciated!

Hi- both the pearl jam & stone temple pilots albums that were recorded for mtv unplugged have also disappeared from my saved albums. Very frustrating as they're 2 of my faves & I've been listening to them for ages & all of a sudden they're gone ( listed as " no playable songs" when I bring up the album, which is still saved!) I even downloaded them so I could lisyen offline...
Is it licensing? Tried to contact Spotify but this was the only option...??? Would really appreciate some feedback or answers, thanks

I am in Canada (Premium user) and Pearl Jam Lightning Bolt not available.

@puffyniki

Hello:

I did a quick look up and that release by Pearl Jam is currently not available on these Spotify listening regions: CA MX RO SI 

Spotify wants all the world's music, and they're working hard on making this happen for you. However sometimes agreements can’t be reached with the artist or label or a change may happen in music ownership.

Spotify adds thousands of albums and artists are added every day. If you can’t find an artist you’re looking for, they may appear (or reappear) soon. In the meantime, feel free to contact the artist or their label to ask when they plan to be on Spotify.

I'm in Canada and I haven't been able to listen to this album since august. Any reason why?

I can't play it either
IMG_8703.PNG

I see fire by Ed Sheeran became unplayable, the live version still exists. Don't know the issue
Please fix, I like the song and would like to continue having it on my playlist

Suggested posts