Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify family

Spotify family

Hi i am suscribed to spotify premium and i have lots of songs downloaded to My Music, not in Playlists . If i change to the family plan do i loose my songs from my spotify premium?

3 Replies

I just got premium a few days ago ,3 months for 99 cents and now I received an email asking for payment, anybody knows why and what should I do? Also can I pay for another person in another country?

@milena2

Hello:

No you will not lose music that you have saved in Your Music. All that changes is you should become the Master account holder for the Spotify Family Plan if you are upgrading to the Family Plan from just a single user Spotify Premium account.

@Jguerra668

Hello:

A quick and easy way to be sure your Spotify Premium account is still active is to sign into your Spotify account page here: https://www.spotify.com/account/overview/ and look to the right, there is a section that has a date when your Spotify Premium will either expire or when it will renew when a recurring payment method has been added to your account.

Not exactly sure why you would be getting an email asking for payment after three days after signing up for Spotify Premium? If you think the email is spam or a phising type of email trying to get credit card information from you, you can always report these to Spotify Customer support by these methods below to be sure: 

"Please get in touch with Spotify via the contact form. If you get an email back directing to the support forums, reply back to that email even if it is from noreply, and the support team will be able to take a look at your issue and you'll hear from them shortly. Spotify users can also contact Spotify customer support as well on Twitter with the @SpotifyCares handle, or on our Facebook page."

Spotify premium can only be purchased by a payment method from the Country the Premium service is intended to be used in. So say you are in the U.K. for example, you could not use U.K. payment methods to pay for Spotify Premium for someone in Germany for just an example, but it is possible you could set up a German payment method that Spotify would accept for Premium services for that user in Germany and pay for the Premium service that way. 

Suggested posts