Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Still no Peter Gabriel?

Still no Peter Gabriel?

darn!!

I have been waiting for his solo works on Spotify for a year!!!

Such a great artist and wonderful music..

Welll, crap

59 Replies

POR QUE NO HAY CANCIOMES NI ALBUMES DE PETER GABRIEL?

I was thinking exactly the same thing!

Because Peter wrote the entire Lyrics on the album, so, tecnically the album belongs to him with the Copyrights

Because Peter wrote the entire Lyrics on the album, so, tecnically the album belongs to him with the Copyrights

If you are referring to The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway, I sincerely hope you're joking.  Yes, Peter wrote all of the lyrics, but the rest of the band wrote the music.  So no, Gabriel doesn't own the rights to the record - it was a Genesis record.  Every Genesis song from that era - even "Horizons", which was an instrumental that Steve Hackett wrote and performed himself - is credited to the entire band.

#pcoventry76  Well????  Did he tell you???......

?

Why isn't Peter's music on Spotify is the US ? So ,Us & Up need to be on it .I love Spotify and making playlists and it is very annoying not having some of your favorites songs on it .Please fix it .Thank you . 

Of the thousands, if not millions, of artists on Spotify, why is Peter Gabriel so special that we can’t hear his music?  I have yet to read a logical explanation, and that link to the audio file does not work.

I already bought his music 30 years ago, why should I have to buy it again?  This is why I pay Spotify, because I don’t have a cassette player or phonograph any more.  Heck, my only CD players are in the car and my PC and I don’t use them for music.

The pickings are slim here in the US. He is easily one of my favorite artists and it's frustrating. 

I share the same sentiment. How come Spotify won't be more transparent with what is going on? All of his music is on Apple Music, yet not Spotify. I want to be able to listen to Sledgehammer whenever I want to. 

It's ridiculous really...
Virtually all his music is on YouTube, and he'll get pennies from that too - so why not pull all your music from there if you're being precious abou it?
I suspect the reason it's on YouTube and not Spotify is because Joe Public have uploaded it there, whereas his record company would have to deliberately upload it to Spotify.

I understand that and I am aware of that as an option. I pay for Spotify. Thought it would be worth mentioning so that the powers that be would know there is an interest.

seriously so weird that it's on youtube as topics but not on spotify. it's one of the remaining things I have in my itunes on my iphone with ripped mp3s from the cd rather than just playing on spotify

So, I know you can convert YouTube videos into mp3 audio files using an online converter. (Google it) but would prefer to have it all on Spotify. I assume the reason for not having PG music is more from PG's end related to how they want their music distributed, politics, blah blah blah.

I have absolutely no sympathy for the bastage He's a multi-millionaire and makes more in dividends than he'll ever make from CD or streaming sales. Easily subverted via vpn + torrent.

Uh, sure. You do you.

Looks like Peter Gabriel is coming to Spotify on the 18th May!

Maybe someone at Castle Gabriel was reading this, LOL!

I looked into it a bit more, and his gripe is that the streaming revenue goes to the labels, none of which goes to the artists. I can kind of see his point; it's a bit like Susan Olsen not negotiating a percentage of syndication residuals and having to get a non-acting job. It takes time for the participants of the industry to catch up with technology. I still don't see it as a big deal, as the music of decades ago which actually get streamed already had made a barrel of money for the artists for the most part.

Suggested posts