Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Suggested Podcasts on iOS Home is disturbing me. Please make it stop!

Suggested Podcasts on iOS Home is disturbing me. Please make it stop!

Plan

Premium

Germany

Device

iPhone XR

Operating System

IOS 14.6

My Question or Issue

When starting the iOS App of Spotify there is one line of Podcasts right on the front page under the headline "Shows you could like" ("Shows, die dir gefallen könnten"). I see it every time I open the app. It shows several podcasts I absolutely detest, because of their political content. 

I can neither block these single Podcasts out of my user experience, nor can I deactivate these very silly Podcast suggestions. I am obviously not interested in these radical Podcasts and thus "you could like" seems totally insensitive to what I really like. 

Please allow blocking entire Podcasts (like albums) from appearing in my Spotify account.

Please allow the removal of the quite annoying and frankly not working Podcast suggestions.

I do not care about Podcasts here. I want music only and no political agenda of someone else I detest on my apps! I use Apple Podcasts for spoken audio and political content, it does not push political Podcasts aggressively, where the contents could disturb me.

Please be sensitive to the experiences, needs and opinions of all your costumers, not just loud Podcasters. I did not invite them in.

2 Replies

Here is a screenshot:

IMG_3903.jpg

Hey @UnicornOnCake,

Thanks for posting here 🙂

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us as we always strive to improve our app and the experience with it. We'll make sure to pass it on to the right teams.

You can also check this idea about an option to block suggestions for certain content and this idea about being able to customize start screen. You can add your +Vote and Subscribe so you can stay up-to-date with any relevant news about this.

The Community is here for you if there's anything else!

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts