Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Song/Album Availability in Nigeria

Solved!

Song/Album Availability in Nigeria

Plan

Premium

Country

Nigeria

My Question or Issue

A fair number of songs and albums I listen to (mostly Japanese game OSTs) were made unavailable when I recently changed my Spotify region to Nigeria. I've read through the similar posts on this topic but I wanted to confirm if this is something permanent (like there's some kind of licensing agreeement that prevents the songs from being available here) or if they'll be made available eventually. It's also a bit confusing since the news announcement said they'd launch with their full global catalog available. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @Kairoseo,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community!

We want all the world’s music and podcasts on Spotify, but availability can vary over time and between countries, depending on licensing agreements, permissions from rights holders, etc.

We add new content to Spotify every day, so if you can’t find something you’re looking for right now, it may appear (or reappear) soon.

Just to clarify, with full catalogue we meant all the features, like podcasts and the multiple types of subscriptions. Regarding the content catalogue, we can't guarantee that all the content will be available everywhere, even in markets where the app has been available since the beginning, as that depends on many factors that aren't in Spotify's control. That said, we can't confirm if the content you're looking for will be available in your market soon or not.

Hope this sheds some light on the matter. If you have any questions or need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Have a good one 🙂

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @Kairoseo,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community!

We want all the world’s music and podcasts on Spotify, but availability can vary over time and between countries, depending on licensing agreements, permissions from rights holders, etc.

We add new content to Spotify every day, so if you can’t find something you’re looking for right now, it may appear (or reappear) soon.

Just to clarify, with full catalogue we meant all the features, like podcasts and the multiple types of subscriptions. Regarding the content catalogue, we can't guarantee that all the content will be available everywhere, even in markets where the app has been available since the beginning, as that depends on many factors that aren't in Spotify's control. That said, we can't confirm if the content you're looking for will be available in your market soon or not.

Hope this sheds some light on the matter. If you have any questions or need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Have a good one 🙂

CarlosEModerator

Thanks for the response!

Hi there @Kairoseo,

Thank you for your reply.

We're really glad that things got cleared up for you 🙂

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts