Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Temporarily Halt Sending Email Notifications about Concerts in My Area

Temporarily Halt Sending Email Notifications about Concerts in My Area

Hi Spotify, I hope everyone is having a good day and is safe. I want to request that Spotify stop sending emails about new and current concerts and events happening in my area. This is concerning because we should all be in social isolation to stop the virus from spreading. Even if the general age of concert goers will not be directly affected by the virus, when we go home to parents or spouses, we could transmit the virus and infect someone. I'm not trying to exaggerate, but sometimes this results in death. Please do not encourage this kind of behavior. Spotify has an undoubtedly powerful voice, and with this voice comes a responsibility to tell its users that at this moment isolation is important. If it looks like Spotify is okay with this, then people will believe it and become complacent. For the sake of everyone, please stop advertising concerts and events while the growth of the virus is exponential. Thank you and have a good day!

Screen Shot 2020-03-12 at 3.56.59 PM.png
1 Reply

Hey there @jilltiutan!

Thanks for reaching out and I hope your keeping well! After seeing your post I passed it across to the folks as Spotify for them to take a look at. 

I’ve had an update that all marketing of this sort has been paused until further notice.

If you have any questions, do let me know otherwise. 
Keep Well,

/ES

Suggested posts