Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

The content of the Discover Weekly playlist is not in line with my listening history

The content of the Discover Weekly playlist is not in line with my listening history

My problem is with the Discover Weekly feature. I know that it is based on some algorithm, but it doesn't work the way it used to. I listen to R&B, dancehall and afropop music from female singers (the share of whom is above 90% for sure). I basically never listen to males, only occasionally. But the Discover Weekly playlist – which used to be quite a haven for discovering exciting lesser-known female artistes – changed, and nowadays it offers me almost exclusively male artistes. In other words: Discover Weekly is totally disregarding what I listen to on a daily basis. This is inexplicable, unheard of and very annoying. I never search for male artistes, don't give me that. Also, I could never block music by any artistes since in this feature I normally get music from artistes whose music I previously hadn't encountered.

I contacted the chat, also SpotifyCares on Facebook, but they didn't seem to understand the problem at all. In fact they barely spoke English. Please look into the algorithm and make the necessary amendments.

Thank you.

3 Replies

Plan

remium

Country

Germany

My Question or Issue

I am a huge fan of and long-time subscriber to the Discover Weekly Playlist by spotify. I have it auto-download and never had problems with it, meaning the recommendations were usually pretty good and I could see where they were coming from. This week, however, i only got recommendations for indian music and bollywood themes. I am not sure why, because my taste is usually pretty diverse so there are different genres recommended, but i did not listen to naything similar at all. Any ideas how that might have happened? 3 days before the new playlist drops so i will update if the issue persists. Thank you for any hints! 

Screenshot_20231006_113453_com.spotify.music.jpg

I had a similar problem second week in a row my Discover Weekly is so weird. With songs and artists I know well already, like Norah Jones. I don't need to "discover" her. I had such awesome recommendations and now it's really weak and not exciting at all. How it used to he years and years. I am quite disappointed and sad about this recent development/ trend.

Plan

Premium

Country

JAPAN

Device

(iPhone11)

Operating System

(iOS.)

My Question or Issue

The playlist “discovery weekly “ was my favorite function of Spotify.

But, from 2023 only Japanese pop musics have shown to the list. A lot of interesting music came to the “discovery weekly “  before.

I want the function as it was before. Do you know what happened to this playlist?

I think it strongly connect to nationality and age.

Have the algorithm changed?

Suggested posts