Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

There is an album I want to listen to but only one song is available, why?

Solved!

There is an album I want to listen to but only one song is available, why?

I live in the US and the album "Atom Bomb Baby" has only one song avaiable for me and I guess in Europe everyone has it (link: https://play.spotify.com/album/0uHNkN6zLy57Rayeb6PJdS ) Is there a way I can either suggest it for future use or go around location barrier and play it other than "Ooh Shucks". Thanks 🙂

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@CalvinO

Hello:

Content is lincesed and provided by artists and labels to the listening regions on the Spotify service. Sadly in this day and age of the information age region restrictions still exists for music. Normally content that shows over in Europe and elsewhere in the World will eventually make it's way over to the U.S. listening region. This could be something so simple as a label distribution issue making it not available in the U.S. to who knows what?

As for getting around the region barriers, well sorry no dice there. As that is not something encouraged, and is against the ToS and could lead to accounts being shut off for violating the music region copyright restrictions.

But this is the information age. You have been warned! 🙂

Spotify wants all the world's music, and they're working hard on making this happen for you. However sometimes agreements can’t be reached with the artist or label or a change may happen in music ownership.

Spotify adds thousands of albums and artists are added every day. If you can’t find an artist you’re looking for, they may appear (or reappear) soon. In the meantime, feel free to contact the artist or their label to ask when they plan to be on Spotify.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

@CalvinO

Hello:

Content is lincesed and provided by artists and labels to the listening regions on the Spotify service. Sadly in this day and age of the information age region restrictions still exists for music. Normally content that shows over in Europe and elsewhere in the World will eventually make it's way over to the U.S. listening region. This could be something so simple as a label distribution issue making it not available in the U.S. to who knows what?

As for getting around the region barriers, well sorry no dice there. As that is not something encouraged, and is against the ToS and could lead to accounts being shut off for violating the music region copyright restrictions.

But this is the information age. You have been warned! 🙂

Spotify wants all the world's music, and they're working hard on making this happen for you. However sometimes agreements can’t be reached with the artist or label or a change may happen in music ownership.

Spotify adds thousands of albums and artists are added every day. If you can’t find an artist you’re looking for, they may appear (or reappear) soon. In the meantime, feel free to contact the artist or their label to ask when they plan to be on Spotify.

Suggested posts