Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Totally Unacceptable Not Playing Independent Artists on Free Version

Totally Unacceptable Not Playing Independent Artists on Free Version

I was appalling to find out the all the artists I managed on a independent record label are not playing on free version of Spotify when you hit the button "Shuffle" in their Artist profile, some random music comes up, on the other hand when I go to the a signed artist to major record label, Radom music from the artist plays normally. So we been wasting money on promoting them on Spotify because free members cannot listen to our artists, I only found that because I'm doing a transition to family plan and I wasn't on premium for while!
Follow me
3 Replies

Hey @andymusik! Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community.

I understand your frustration. With Spotify Free, you'll sometimes hear a mix of similar artists when you're playing music instead of the music you chose. You can read more about these suggested songs here. Let me know if there's anything else! 🙂

All the best!

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks for replying, what upsets me is that even when the artist have a catalogue, it will first play somebody's else song, so when we promote a track they will try to listen but it will start a different song and they will not wait, they will listen to it on YouTube or SoundCloud, turning our promotion useless, I had a listener complaining to me that he was unable to listen "Answers" from Paolo Meola and at first I did not realize what was going on, it's absolutely fine the suggested song and ads, being a premium it's the best there are tons of pros to become a premium, but not playing an independent artist first before the suggestions, for me it's segregation
Follow me

Hey @andymusik!

I completely understand where you're coming from. Spotify makes no difference between an independent artist and a signed artist. Suggested songs will not always play before a specific track but might play sometimes between tracks with Spotify Free. I'll make sure to pass on your feedback on suggested tracks to the right folks.

Keep rocking! 🙂

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts