Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Unable to find a song that played in an ad

Solved!

Unable to find a song that played in an ad

While I was listening to spotify the other day, an ad came on for "Where There's a Chill There's a Way" and near the end of the ad a song that I heard months ago and couldn't find since played, I didn't notice until it was too late to ID the song and the ad hasn't played since.

Does anyone by chance have a link to the ad for it, or the songs that played in the ad?

It has a sort of electronic/chill vibe to it if this helps identify the song at all.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Ah, ok. Just thought it would be good to link to that post. Lots of people ask about the music in ads all the time and staff have posted several times that some songs are just made specifically for the ad. And if the song in the ad is a real song, there's really no way to track it down.

My suggestion for future ads would be to save it as soon as possible so you don't loose it. And maybe Shazam it to see if that app recognizes it. 

Good luck on finding that song!

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hello @DepartLoL

It was most likely a song made specifically for the ad and not an actual song. 

Check out this thread from an employee that explains:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Music-Chat/Music-in-Spotify-Ads/td-p/1317094

MattSudaSpotify Star

Hey, I'm not sure this would be the case as I heard the full song on one of the chill playlists a long time ago, it was removed before I thought to add it to my own playlist or remember the name so I was unable to find it again.

The ad still hasn't played again so I'm unable to find it 😕

Marked as solution

Ah, ok. Just thought it would be good to link to that post. Lots of people ask about the music in ads all the time and staff have posted several times that some songs are just made specifically for the ad. And if the song in the ad is a real song, there's really no way to track it down.

My suggestion for future ads would be to save it as soon as possible so you don't loose it. And maybe Shazam it to see if that app recognizes it. 

Good luck on finding that song!

MattSudaSpotify Star

Suggested posts