Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Viral 50 Playlists - How do they work?

Solved!

Viral 50 Playlists - How do they work?

Hello beautiful Spotify Community people!

I'm a producer and music lover and listen a lot to the Viral 50 playlists to discover awesome new artists and always stay on top of what's new.

However, I'm very curious on how these playlists work? Is it based on social shares? Or how many times the song is streamed in each country?

Or are the tracks in the lists simply selected by Spotify staff?

All information is appreciated!

Hope you have a great day!

Best regards,
Fabian

b042224499e94d2584bb6267165bf623.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I assume it works in the same way that Billboard does their "trending artist" page; basically, they take all the analytics from social medias, tally them up, and see who's being talked about the most based on blogs, people tweeting about them, etc. Most of the time, these artists are already established, they just haven't made it into the mainstream.

Hope that helped. Cheers! 

View solution in original post

7 Replies

I think it's like the most viral songs that just blew up on the internet. I've always thought of that also
Daniel Camacho

Yeah would really like to know, would love a reply from any Spotify Community Rock Star! 🙂

@FabianPS

Hello:

Found an article that breaks the Viral 50 playlisting system down some, and the article writer even goes to the trouble to add in useful Spotify sources to how it all works. You can read the article linked below, please note the article is over a year old, and Spotify's way is to tweak things as they go along with all things Spotify.

https://radar.promogogo.com/words/understanding-spotifys-viral-charts

Hey @JayLB!

Thank you so much for that, will have a read through, cheers!

Marked as solution

I assume it works in the same way that Billboard does their "trending artist" page; basically, they take all the analytics from social medias, tally them up, and see who's being talked about the most based on blogs, people tweeting about them, etc. Most of the time, these artists are already established, they just haven't made it into the mainstream.

Hope that helped. Cheers! 

Yep I think you're right, thank you so much for your input Johnny, means a lot!

Hope you have a great day!

Best regards,
Fabian

Its a mix of social media shares (Facebook, Twitter mainly i suppose) but they also consider song plays and maybe also blog/media/website-exposure. 

Thats the info i got from a Mod.

Suggested posts