Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

What happened to the description of the history of a song

What happened to the description of the history of a song

When I played songs on the spotify app on PS4 there would sometimes be a description of the history of the song (like when the song was written, where it placed on top song boards, etc...). I really liked it, it greatly added to the experience of the app. I haven't seen it in a while so I want to know what happened to it.
2 Replies

Hi @dmuller104, welcome to the Spotify Community!

We're sorry to hear that a feature you liked is no longer available for you. Spotify is always exploring new ways to deliver the best possible listening experience for our users. Sometimes, this means retiring certain features, like Behind the Lyrics, to make way for new innovations and features. We can confirm this feature isn't available anymore as it was replaced with our Lyrics feature which was a popular request among Spotify users. More info here.

We value your feedback and will make sure to pass it along to the right folks. 

If you ever need us again, the Community will be here for you. Have a great day!

JulianModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Julian,

I know many others who LOVED the Behind the Lyrics feature. Why retiring such a great feature? Spotify could easily allow both that feature and the new one (the Lyrics) to exist on the system in parallel. 

People may choose the feature they like, without compromising on the other group of people who like the second feature. 

Suggested posts