Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

What's up with half available albums

Solved!

What's up with half available albums

It is becomming really frustrating that many new album releases (I don't care about mainstream stuff, even indie ones) are not available in spotify in full. Take the knife's new album for example half of it is not there yet. Is this going to be made available some time? I am a premium subscriber and I am serisously considering cancelling my subscription if I see this trend continues.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

It is up to the record labels to add the tracks and make them available, normally these things are out of Spotify's control. 

Have a read at this help page too.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

5 Replies

I have the same question. Missing four tracks on The Knife's Shaking the Habitual? Only having 3/5 tracks on Merchandise's Totale Nite? Might as well not have it up. Is there going to be a Ultra Premium Spotify that we have to pay for now?

Marked as solution

It is up to the record labels to add the tracks and make them available, normally these things are out of Spotify's control. 

Have a read at this help page too.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I notice most of the Knife album is up now, except for one song.

Certain tracks not being available also used to have something to do with the length of the song. Labels often made deals that songs longer than 10 minutes wouldn't be available for streaming. That's what I first thought about the Knife album's partial availability, but now that the 19-minute track from that album is up on Spotify, obviously that's not the case anymore. And it's not consistent. But in the past, that's why.

Yeah, six tracks of 27 on the "STAR WARS Return of the Jedi" album is rediculous. Why would they do that? Does the Spotify app have an import feature or do I have to open iTunes ,import as mp3 and then load into Spotify?

Ok, I guess I just had the ROTJ album selected. Still strange though.

Suggested posts