Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Where can I find better AI?

Where can I find better AI?

Spotify plays songs I actively like no more than 5% of the time. 60% I'm okay with. 35% I skip or block if I can.

I've been providing the machine feedback for years, on countless thousands of songs, and I need a better hit rate than I'm getting.  Maybe I'm a curmudgeon and you'll never do better than 5% on wins?  But in the AI age 35% duds is appalling. 

Is Spotify going to get better anytime soon?  Which of the bigger competitors has better dialed-in AI to play songs you like and not songs you don't?

2 Replies

Hey @Jkellyinsf,

Thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear you're having such an experience with the app.

If your recommendations don't match your preferred genres, you might want to make sure that your account is not being used on a communal device, like a home speaker/ TV where other users have access to.

Additionally, you can try listening to music via the Search menu, rather than recommendation playlists like Daily Mix, Discover Weekly as those don't influence your algorithm.

You can check out these ideas - here and here - where users have suggested how the algorithm can be improved. We encourage you to leave your +Vote, as the more votes an idea gets, the more likely it is to get implemented.

Hope this info helps. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I'm the only one using my device.

I can't vote on what behaviors your AI should consider, I'm expecting you guys to sort that out.  Are you really saying my reactions to your Discover Weekly recommendations don't influence the next week's recommendations?  I'm finding that hard to believe.

Suggested posts