Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Where did all of the Jamey Aebersold's go?

Where did all of the Jamey Aebersold's go?

All of the jazz play-alongs are gone except for a few albums. What happened???

9 Replies

Yeah. I had Autumn Leaves on a playlist so I could practice with it for guitar, but I can't even play it anymore.

YES WHAT DID HAPPEN?!?!?!?!?! I practiced with those tracks all the time!!

Ditto - where?

It's likely that the the right holder has decided to remove his music from Spotify. Anyone tried tweeting  ?

I keep finding more and more stuff missing.  Not jazz, but would you have imagined that "While My Guitar Gently Weeps", by the Beatles, is not there?

I used to love Spotify, because just about anything I looked up was THERE.   C'mon guys, pony up for the content.   I will have to cancel my paid premium subscription if you can't do better than this!!!

@RichR wrote:

I keep finding more and more stuff missing.  Not jazz, but would you have imagined that "While My Guitar Gently Weeps", by the Beatles, is not there?

I used to love Spotify, because just about anything I looked up was THERE.   C'mon guys, pony up for the content.   I will have to cancel my paid premium subscription if you can't do better than this!!!

I don't think any Beatles has ever been there, so no I'm not surprized by that.  In general, the content has increased quite a bit over time.

What we are talking about is content that has been available for a good while, now suddenly gone.

I had an entire playlist of aebersold playalongs and now the entire list is empty. I want my aebersold back.

It's the same as Netflix. Streaming media providers have contracts with copyright owners that expire. There will always be shifting content. Best thing to do if you don't like it is complain to the copyright owner via social media. As the user above said, send a complaint via Tweet. https://twitter.com/AebersoldJazz

To Apple Music. They have all of them.

Suggested posts