Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Whis does my playlist skip to every 6th song?

Whis does my playlist skip to every 6th song?

I just created my playlist and now I can't figure why its skipping songs.
11 Replies

Hey there,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome.

This type of issue is commonly related to some damaged cache stored on your device from previous updates. In this case, we'd first recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app by following the steps in this article. This is often an overlooked step, but it's more thorough than a quick one and can be helpful in getting rid of any cache that might be causing trouble.

Also, if you have the explicit filter on, it's possible that the app skips some of the songs if they have explicit content. To make sure this is not affecting, double check the skipped songs or turn off the explicit content filter.

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 11, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

My app only plays one song then stops playing all together and when I try to get back in nothing plays at all.

This has just started happening for me on every playlist I have - even my Discover Weekly. This is on the web client, not the desktop client, which I am unable to install on this computer. Doesn't happen on the iOS app.

I'm running the web client in Edge Version 107.0.1418.42 (Official build) (64-bit) on Windows 10.

Quick GIF attached displaying what happens... 

spotify-web-client-skip-6-playlist-tracks.gif

Chrome on a macbook, tried two different computers, tried a hard reboot.
Whenever I play a playlist it skips the first 5 songs.

I'm a Premium member and didn't have this problem for a long time but I cannot click on a song to listen to it. When I do, it continuously skips until it reaches the fifth consecutive track. I tried restarting the software, but to no avail. I don't think its because of my skip key getting stuck, its only for Spotify and this didn't happen for other music platforms. I would appreciate any suggestions.

Device

(Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(MacOS BigSur)

Hey! Thank you for telling us about your issue, we are very sorry that your application has some kind of bug. As Spotify is always updating to further improve the user experience, unfortunately some errors happen, but rest assured that in a short time everything will be back to normal. I'm sorry I can't be of much help right now and I hope your Spotify gets back to normal soon.

Whenever I play a song at the top of the playlist, it will skip five songs down. Then, that song will play for a few seconds before the audio completely cuts out.

I am using Windows 11, Firefox, and the Spotify Web player.
When I click on any song at all, no matter if I am in an incognito window or not (so it is not a cache problem) the song will skip after a couple of seconds, and then the next song will skip, and then it will keep going until it stops on a random song and plays normally. This does not happen in my mobile app but in the web player specifically. It has not happened before and I did nothing to my browser/computer for it to act like this, I was listening to music last night on the web player perfectly fine. It acts like this no matter the page on the web player, so every single artist/playlist/user ect. has this problem for me.

why does this sound like a bot reply

Upon further digging, it skips exactly 5 songs, the same as multiple other posts dating back to like 2014! None of those posts have given me a really concrete answer other than to try another internet connection, my internet is working fine and I do not have the privilege of having a hotspot or another connection to test it out, although even if it did work the problem would still be there. I have a premium account but I did notice I had adblock on, upon turning it off nothing changed either and the problem persisted.

Hey everyone,

Thank you for the screenshot @iusher!

Could you folks confirm if this issue persists for you both on the Web Player and the Desktop app? Also, are you able to play a song in its entirety, or does it play only for a few seconds?

It's worth making sure the app and your browser are updated to the latest versions. Feel free to try clearing the cache and the cookies of your browser, as well as a clean reinstall of the app to see if that does the trick.

If possible, try logging in to another computer and check if the behavior occurs there as well. You can also ask a friend or a relative who uses Spotify to log in to their account on your computer to see if the songs would still skip even on their account.

In case the issue persists, please share the following info, if you haven't already:

• Your device's operating system.
  • The version of the Desktop app you're running, found in the three dots menu in the top left corner > Help > About Spotify.
  • The browsers you used for the Web Player.
  • All troubleshooting you've tried so far so we avoid repeating the steps.

Keep us posted.

Cheers!

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts