Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why are Sony ads SO FRIGGIN LOUD??!!

Why are Sony ads SO FRIGGIN LOUD??!!

I don't mind the ads much. Spotify does a good job spacing them out so you get a couple ads ever couiplafew songs - so much better than radio where you get 5 minutes of straight ads. ugh... 

But why is it all the SONY ads are TWICE AS LOUD AS EVERYTHING ELSE?  It's very discutbing, especially if I'm on the phone, when I have my volume set just right so I can hear it but it's not heard around the office or over the phhone and then suddently an AD IS YELLING AT ME.  I've been checking it the past week or so when the obnoxiously loud ones come on and it seems to always be one of the Sony ads for some playlist or artist. 

I now make sure to NOT click on those ads/artists/playlists.

EricB

2 Replies

I can't reiterate this issue enough.  The ads and their spacing are totally fine however Sony's ads physically hurt they're so loud.  I have no clue what their ads are even about 'cause I have to take my headphones off each time one pops up.

Edit: Fixed grammatical typo.

Please kudo this idea and post there so they know people are not happy about the loud volume of ads:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Turn-down-the-volume-of-loud-ads/idi-p/61057

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts