Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Why do some of Spotify's playlists change songs and then revert to their "default" state?

Why do some of Spotify's playlists change songs and then revert to their "default" state?

I noticed the Happy Hits! playlist keeps changing day after day. Some songs stay, some songs are removed, some songs "cycle", and some songs return after a day or two. AJR's Way Less Sad is always at the top, but sometimes it gets replaced by AUSTIN's In Betweenin' or Bastille's Thelma + Louise, and sometimes the song gets removed in the playlist entirely.

Yesterday the playlist had a completely different setlist save for a few recurring songs. Today the playlist is the same as when I first discovered it a few months ago.

Which leads me to the question: is there an algorithm that sorts the songs in the playlist? Is it based on what I'm listening to or is it an automatic process?

1 Reply

Hello @Pluvillion , it's an interesting question you bring up.

What I can say is the playlist isn't user-specific so no, it does not depend on how anyone plays it.

I can't get into detail on the algorithm(partly because I don't know how it works myself 🙂 )but it most probably works depending on trending tracks which fit the theme at the time.

It's an automatic process.

Thanks and take care 🎼🖤

TaylithSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts