Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Why do some songs play on my Android device, but not on my desktop?

Why do some songs play on my Android device, but not on my desktop?

Recently I noticed some songs on my laptop will not play. The error message is a quick blip but after hitting play 50 times in a row I was able to read the full message. The message said the song could not be played because it was not available, but if I have the song saved on my desktop I can upload it to the playlist. I tried to listen to the new Throwback thursday playlist at work but I was getting the same error message saying the song was not available and if I have it saved on my desktop I can upload it to the list. At this point I'm pissed because I have never had this happen, and on top of it most of the artist albums, and song I have are giving the same error. I walked away from my desk in frustration and tried playing the same Throw Back Thursday playlist on my Android device and without any problems it played every song.......... WTF is going on, why is this happening?

1 Reply

@soberguy0

Hello:

Can you list your OS, and also Spotify desktop app version this is happening with? Have you by chance tried doing a clean reinstall but from the Spotify desktop app versions available from this post here? https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Desktop-version-1-0-26-takes-a-while-to-load/idi-p/1... Make sure to do a clean reinstall, do not install on top of an older version.

Suggested posts