Why does my name appear as numbers in search results?

Solved!

Why does my name appear as numbers in search results?

user-removed
Not applicable

Hello,

I was searching for new music and noticed that my name is just numbers instead of my real name, and it only happens when showing the search results.

spot.png

As you can see, I searched for Post-rock playlists and as I have one with that term in the name, it also appeared in the results, but name is just number. Does anyone know how I can solve this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

osornios
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Hey @user-removed,

That random number is your actual Spotify username, which was assigned automatically to you when you created your account through Facebook.

Sometimes it's displayed like that in the app, but normally it should update itself with your name after a little while.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosRock Star 24
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

larsonabby
Casual Listener

Hi Jodox,

This is nothing to worry about, other users will see your name, not your number in results, and this is simply a small glitch that happens now and then. Unfourtunately, there is no way for spotify users to solve this issue. 

Solution!

osornios
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Hey @user-removed,

That random number is your actual Spotify username, which was assigned automatically to you when you created your account through Facebook.

Sometimes it's displayed like that in the app, but normally it should update itself with your name after a little while.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosRock Star 24
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

SUGGESTED POSTS