Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Why does my name appear as numbers in search results?

Solved!

Why does my name appear as numbers in search results?

Hello,

I was searching for new music and noticed that my name is just numbers instead of my real name, and it only happens when showing the search results.

spot.png

As you can see, I searched for Post-rock playlists and as I have one with that term in the name, it also appeared in the results, but name is just number. Does anyone know how I can solve this?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @user-removed,

That random number is your actual Spotify username, which was assigned automatically to you when you created your account through Facebook.

Sometimes it's displayed like that in the app, but normally it should update itself with your name after a little while.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Hi Jodox,

This is nothing to worry about, other users will see your name, not your number in results, and this is simply a small glitch that happens now and then. Unfourtunately, there is no way for spotify users to solve this issue. 

Marked as solution

Hey @user-removed,

That random number is your actual Spotify username, which was assigned automatically to you when you created your account through Facebook.

Sometimes it's displayed like that in the app, but normally it should update itself with your name after a little while.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts