Why is Discover Weekly being shuffled on mobile?

Solved!

Why is Discover Weekly being shuffled on mobile?

humanfactor11
Casual Listener

Is there any reason for shuffled discover, if i dont know any of the songs anyway? The problem with that is that dont have time to listen to 2h+ playlist of 30 songs and when i get back to i usually cant get back where i left-off.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Novy

Hey @humanfactor11

Thanks for getting back to us.  

Your Discover Weekly is a selection of new songs based on your listening habits. It's expected that you'll get recommendations that you haven't previously heard. 

If you're currently on the free service, Shuffle mode is the default. However, you can still pick the songs you'd like to play in certain playlists (the ones that don't have the shuffle icon). 

If anything else comes up, we'll be right here. 

NovyModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't." -Henry Thoreau

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Novy

Hey there @humanfactor11

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community, and welcome 🙂

Keep in mind that if you're a Premium user, you can listen to what you want, when you want. Select any track from a playlist or album, or play the opening track and Spotify will automatically play the remaining tracks in the order they’re listed.

If you're on the free service you can listen to any playlist via Shuffle, or select a specific track on playlists without the Shuffle icon.

Hope you find this info helpful. Don't hesitate to let us know if you have any other questions. 

Cheers.

NovyModerator

humanfactor11
Casual Listener
Tnx, for replaying but that doesnt really answer the question: "Is there any reason for shuffled discover, if i dont know any of the songs anyway?". I have had premium, but i dont think this is enough reason for me to buy it, just because i dont want to miss the place where i left-off. Any other playlists besides discover weekly and relase radar be my quest, there i get it, but in order for me to listen more to spotify it would make sense to pull me in with atliest easier and more discovering so i wouldnt miss any good songs, wouldnt u say?
Solution!

Novy

Hey @humanfactor11

Thanks for getting back to us.  

Your Discover Weekly is a selection of new songs based on your listening habits. It's expected that you'll get recommendations that you haven't previously heard. 

If you're currently on the free service, Shuffle mode is the default. However, you can still pick the songs you'd like to play in certain playlists (the ones that don't have the shuffle icon). 

If anything else comes up, we'll be right here. 

NovyModerator

View solution in original post

SUGGESTED POSTS