Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Why is the original version of Funnel of Love by Wanda Jackson not on Spotify?!?!

Solved!

Why is the original version of Funnel of Love by Wanda Jackson not on Spotify?!?!

Google results show that it was once available, but now all we have is some **bleep**ty, slow version with The Cramps playing backup. Nothing against the cramps. But why isn't the original version of Funnel of Love available? It's the perfect time of year for this song.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@patrickselton thanks for coming back to me so quickly, I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but it appears the owner has made the track unavailable in your region.

Spotify wants people to enjoy an expanding library of over 30 million tracks but individual copyright decisions aren't theirs to make. Anything which Spotify has the right to upload and has been provided to us, should be available on Spotify.

Here's what you can do to get that added:

• Reach out to their page or label on social media or their site!
  • You can fill out this form to register your interest in an artist or album.
  • In the meantime, you can import local files to your spotify library
  • You can also add your vote to this active idea!

Hope that helps! ^_^

View solution in original post

7 Replies

@patrickselton Hey there, 

What happens when you access this version of the track?

spotify:track:0bGvZuukKkV5u6tJtTcjli

No sound...

Still nothing. The cursor will progress across the time bar, but no sound. These albums aren't available on my spotify for some reason. And when I follow the link, certain songs are dimmed out. Does it work for you?

@patrickselton It does work for me on both tracks, can I ask a few questions to try and help you find the answer:

• has this happened with any other tracks?
  • can you send me a screenshot of the screen when you try to play the track?
  • what device/browser are you using to acccess Spotify?

Yes, this has happened with other songs before (off hand, I can't recall specifics), but it always gives the impression taht perhaps licensing has ran out on particular songs/albums. I'll send you a screenshot of what I see when accessing the "Let's Have a Party" album. And I'm using my macbook pro purchased just a year ago. And i have a premium account.Screen Shot 2017-10-05 at 2.25.40 AM.png

Marked as solution

@patrickselton thanks for coming back to me so quickly, I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but it appears the owner has made the track unavailable in your region.

Spotify wants people to enjoy an expanding library of over 30 million tracks but individual copyright decisions aren't theirs to make. Anything which Spotify has the right to upload and has been provided to us, should be available on Spotify.

Here's what you can do to get that added:

• Reach out to their page or label on social media or their site!
  • You can fill out this form to register your interest in an artist or album.
  • In the meantime, you can import local files to your spotify library
  • You can also add your vote to this active idea!

Hope that helps! ^_^

Suggested posts