Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why is there no Anime OST on Spotify?

Why is there no Anime OST on Spotify?

Hello everyone! 🙂

It's my first post here and I have a question for you guys! 🙂

Last night I was looking for some Anime OST on Spotify and couldn't find any official ones, only cover.

Is there a reason why there is no official anime soundtrack? This is the only thing missing for me!

Is there any chances in the future that we see official anime soundtracks to Spotify?

Thank you! 🙂

50 Replies

Paprika (Original Soundtrack Album) by Susumu Hirasawa is available!

I'm a great fan of Kon's films, specially this one (Paprika). The music is soooooo great and catchy. IDK if anyone posted it before.

BTW, its the same composer of Forces (from the 90's Berserk anime), that i haven't found on Spotify. That man, Hirasawa, is a beast.

Confirmed. Nujabes is officially on Spotify. All is good in the World!

tambien quiero escuchar openings de anime o banda sonora de series anime y encuentro muy pocas como las de adrian barba o cesar franco pero faltan muchisimas como yui o 7 lovers entre muchas mas , Agradeceria que pongan los artistas originales de las bandas sonoras anime 

I checked labels for a few anime soundtracks:

Cowboy Bebop: Victor Entertainment

Naruto: Sony Music Distribution

Death Note: VAP

One Piece: Avex Marketing

There definitely would be a lot of consumers for these 4. But yeah, that's just the beginning. Anime fans in western countries keep downloading these illegally because they're not in Spotify. So stupid.

> Egoist and LiSA moves from Aniplex to Sacra Music

> Everything they released from like middle 2017 is also available in the West

MFW.

...Really? You never thought to type the actual song names or bands? There is hundreds of OST music on Spotify. For instance try LiSa or One OK Rock. Bands that make anime music. 

Clearly some educating is needed, band songs that get used in OP/ED for a anime are not in fact written for it. There are exceptions of course but the norm is taking a pre existing song from a band and working with it. 

OP/ED songs also are not OST, as they are not original songs created for a specific anime. Again there are exceptions but the general norm is working with a pre existing song from a certain band.

Lastly not all Japanese bands are on Spotify, there's alot more then just 2. Some of which are region locked I believe.

Food wars 

Anohana

and so much more!

Luckily 2 "HunterxHunter" albums are out there, at least for Europe. Look up Yoshihisa Hirano if you can't find them.

"Your Name" and "A Silent Voice" are also out, which is much more than I hoped for.

Movies have always been more lucky "regionally" than series.

Anyway, since a few days (out of the blue) the OPs of both psycho-pass seasons by Ling Tosite Sigure are available.

Hey all!

Thank you all so much for letting everyone here in the Community know that you'd like to have this content added. Spotify's got a dedicated team for getting and keeping content on Spotify, but sometimes it isn't always possible to have tunes available through Spotify! Rest assured they're working to get all your favourites available to stream! Find out more info here: https://support.spotify.com/article/content-missing/ 🙂

Cheers 😊

Suggested posts