Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Why won't it play :( ? Years After Rodeo album by Offset

Solved!

Why won't it play :( ? Years After Rodeo album by Offset

I discovered yesterday the Years After Rodeo album by Offset and rather liked it.. But now it wont play 😞 for any songs on this album spotify says "this song is not available. If you have the fiile on your computer you can import it". Anyone who can help ?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@lisahunter1
No problem! 🙂

I looked a little closer, and it turns out to be another confusing case of someone posting an album under the name of another album.
It is supposed to be Days Before Rodeo by Travi$ Scott. It's not on Spotify either, but I hear it's a free album, for instance you can listen and download it here (Hot New Hiphop)

Let me know if the information I gathered is correct..! 🙂
It's quite a weird case, honestly.

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hey @lisahunter1

Try checking the album on the web player as well (open.spotify.com)... If you can't find it, or you can and it's all greyed out, it's the following cause:
To me (I can't play it either) it seems that the artist has made the album unavailable for some reason (licensing changes or some other cause).
In this case all I can suggest is patience, maybe it's a temporary change. You can ask the artist about it as well

Hope that helps!

SebastySpotify Star

Thank you so much! I tried that and it still wont play.. Its also no where to be found on google / youtube / itunes at all 😮 so I suppose it must be licensing issues ! just hoping it comes back soon ... didnt expect to get a reply at all so thank you 🙂

Marked as solution

@lisahunter1
No problem! 🙂

I looked a little closer, and it turns out to be another confusing case of someone posting an album under the name of another album.
It is supposed to be Days Before Rodeo by Travi$ Scott. It's not on Spotify either, but I hear it's a free album, for instance you can listen and download it here (Hot New Hiphop)

Let me know if the information I gathered is correct..! 🙂
It's quite a weird case, honestly.

SebastySpotify Star

Awesome that link works! Just for future reference... How did you find that out?
Thank you!

@lisahunter1

That's great it works for you! 🙂

I just became curious when you stated that you can't find this album elsewhere on the internet as well... So I went to look it up as  well and found a forum with a fresh thread about the offset's version of this album here.
"I don't support this... someone is making money off Travis's FREE album"

(fierce albumart tbh) :')

I am pretty sure that it's not a common thing to happen. At least I hope so. 🙂

If you have more questions, feel free to ask! Meanwhile, enjoy the FREE album! 😉

SebastySpotify Star

Suggested posts