Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Will remastering a single for an EP reset the play count?

Will remastering a single for an EP reset the play count?

I am producing/engineering an EP for an artist, Saeyers. We have been releasing songs from the EP as singles as we wrap up the EP.

Our first song, Cruise, drew over 30,000 plays, and was added to Fresh Finds for two weeks. The problem is, as we have been wrapping up the other songs, we've found that Cruise is much louder than our other songs (we mastered it too loud, in comparison).

I would like to remaster the single so that it better matches the other tracks (bring the volume down a couple decibles, and adjust a specific frequency range).

If I do this, will Spotify recognize the song as the same song? Or will the playcount on the EP start at zero? Is this determined by the ISRC and other codes for the song?

Or do we need to release the song as is to retain the play count?

Artist page:

https://open.spotify.com/artist/4hMlPvNZ8jcmTWgKNw13pR?si=NVK-IbowRlKX3BDkZz4uDg

1 Reply

Hey there @songofapoet!
You can check out more info on how you can resubmit a song for distribution here. If you have further questions, you can always reach out to the right teams by heading here

Also I suggest you take a look at this FAQ from Spotify for Artists as it contains more tips and information.

Have a nice day! 🙂

Suggested posts