Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

daily playlists no longer update

daily playlists no longer update

Plan

Premium

Country usa

Device

Pixel 2

Operating System

Android something or other

My Question or Issue

When I first started using Spotify, even before I started premium, my daily playlists would update everyday. I was introduced to tons of new music and never tried of these playlists. Now my daily playlists never update. I have tried clearing cache and reinstalling the app but it never works. My 6 daily playlists have the same songs they did in them literally last year.

1 Reply

Hi @2ormorecharacte,

Thanks for posting in the Community!

Let me try elaborate for you how your personalized Daily Mixes are functioning. If a Daily Mix is ​​opened up again within 8 hours, the playlist will pick up from where it left off, hence it will not be refreshed. But if the mix is ​​inactive for more than 8 hours, then the playlist will be reordered and remixed for you. If you've played your Daily Mix continuously or played it and paused it, it won't be remixed for you until you actually switch to another playable content and then come back 8 hours later. Also note that the Daily Mixes are ​​not updated with fresh content every 8 hours, but they are curated again using the existing pool of your liked content (which in turn updates itself on a weekly basis).

So to conclude, when exploring and adding new songs or artists to your faves, you could expect them to start appearing in your personalized Daily Mix playlists, a week or three later.

Hope this is useful. If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts