Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Couldn't load the lyrics for this song" error

"Couldn't load the lyrics for this song" error

As of version 8.8.20.544 and the version prior to that has caused the lyrics from my personal playlist in my device 'Samsung-SMJ250F' to disappear, at first I thought it was brcause the songs were old but way older songs still had lyrics
The playlist is a private playlist featuring all songs of 'DragonForce'
and after the update none of the songs had lyrics.

468 Replies

They say the use musixmatch, but the song that dont have lyrics on spotify are availible on musixmatch if you check. it is intriguing.

Hi! 

So I can never be able to see lyrics to multiple songs on all my devices. For example, I tried listening to a song called Butter by BTS. The lyrics would not show up for me... but my friend who has a premium plan gets all the lyrics. Must I get premium to see lyrics?

If anyone knows a solution please help me out. Spotify should work on this problem as it happens to lots of people.

I don't think so because my brother has premium and had premium for like years and his spotify lyrics have also disappeared from the website and/or app.

People I know the reason why...

You need premium. I bought spotify premium just to check if it was the reason why there were no lyrics and I was right.

They have made it a premium benefit idk if this has to do with the artists or spotify it self but artists like blackpink have most their songs lyrics on spotify available for free but other big artists like TXT, Enhypen, Seventeen, Ateez, their new songs lyrics are around for a while but disapear later on as the song become like 4 to 5 months old but other artists song lyrics disapear instantly. Most of the smaller artists such as Onepact, A.C.E, and Oneus have the lyrics to most of their songs. Most bollywood and thai songs already had lyrics before premium. At least the ones in my playlist. 

*I came to this conclusion after having no lyrics on kpop playlist of over 1k songs and a bollywood playlist of over 600 songs similar to English music and approx 100 thai songs*

Hopefully this answered your questions 

I can't see the lyrics of the music even though the album is barely release or any other album

Why do almost half the songs I listen too not have lyrics. What are y’all doing about this? This happens every month. Y’all need to get it together 

ever since taylor swift's "the tortured poets department" came out, i haven't been able to see lyrics at all on my account. when i logged into my sister's account, i was able to see the lyrics. i have not found a fix for this anywhere, and i would appreciate if i could get this fixed asap!

I'm broke and I need to see words to be able to fully comprehend what I'm hearing in music. And I need to see words to sing. I need words to focus on the music and actually enjoy it, and out of all the people in the world, I know I'm not the only one enraged by lyrics being locked behind a paywall. There isn't even lyrics for every song, especially older ones or songs by bigger artists sometimes. Spotify is being greedy, give us our lyrics back. There's already tons of other things behind the paywall, something like song lyrics doesn't need to be one of them, it just makes the app impossible to be used at that point. 

• So pls Make IT again free to see the lyrics for songs 
  • And pls try to FIX The Bug where thers no lyrics for almost any song 
  • Would really like to know why u did Make this new thing where u can see The lyrics only one Time in The whole month for one Song like that just feels kinda anoying.

I had lyrics of songs,but now it tells me the same thing over and over that they couldnt load the lyrics

Plan

Free

Country

USA

Device

Macbook Pro + PC

Operating System

iOS + Windows 11

My Question or Issue:

Lyrics don't load for *any* song I click on. It was just fine two days ago. Now when I click on any song that showed lyrics 2 days ago, I get the "couldn't load lyrics for this song" error. This happens to be the case for both the Macbook and the PC.

Also, I did look at this thread, but it seems like the same problem is back again.

Any help would be appreciated.

I'm having the same problem on a pixel 8. I've tried force stopping and clearing the cache & restarting the phone. I have Spotify premium.

Do yourself a favor, start doing your own research and don't go straight to the company that you have questions about a little to ask your questions. Spotify isn't going to answer you with any truth or honesty regarding this question especially since everybody is bringing up Eminem's lyrics specifically. Point out that his are not the only lyrics that are missing, but with other artists it seems certain songs are gone and not entire libraries. There's a multiple record labels that are in legal battles over illegal distribution of lyrics, specifically related to AI technology and the lyrics being used for things relating to give me the distribution and copying of those lyrics to use for personal reasons. Simple Google searches will give you far more in depth and actually honest answers if you're willing to take a few seconds to type your question in there instead of on the message boards of the company who had to take the lyrics down.

Eminem’s Publishers Eight Mile Style and Martin Affiliated Sue Spotify  The absence of lyric information for tracks like “Lose Yourself” on Spotify isn’t an accident; it’s a consequence of a lawsuit filed by Eminem’s publishers, Eight Mile Style and Martin Affiliated. Allegedly, Spotify stepped over the line by streaming Eminem’s music without the necessary licenses, sidelining the publishers in the process.

Screenshot_2024-05-03-15-35-12-00_3aea4af51f236e4932235fdada7d1643.jpg

I have premium and I cant see the lyrics. It just shows the song credits. Cant find a way to get the lyrics to show up. Super weird…

Same here, not one song I have listened to has lyrics. Even ones that used to..... 

as of 2024 this is still an issue 

esce che è impossibile caricare i testi di tutti i brani.

When I am trying on the text then is not working

On the desktop app, when I click on the icon to display lyrics, on many songs it says that they aren't available, despite them being available long before and despite the icon having the ability to be clicked on

Hey. I've been using spotify for a while now and for the last 3 months, none of the songs that I listen to have been able to load lyrics. It's super annoying and I don't know what to do...

Suggested posts