Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Couldn't load the lyrics for this song" error

"Couldn't load the lyrics for this song" error

As of version 8.8.20.544 and the version prior to that has caused the lyrics from my personal playlist in my device 'Samsung-SMJ250F' to disappear, at first I thought it was brcause the songs were old but way older songs still had lyrics
The playlist is a private playlist featuring all songs of 'DragonForce'
and after the update none of the songs had lyrics.

Top Answer
MihailY

Hey folks,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community.

Please note that the availability of the Lyrics feature and the lyrics themselves can vary over time, as well as between markets, and depending on the agreements we have in place with our rights holders. We add new content to Spotify every day, so if you can’t find something right now, it may appear (or reappear) soon.

We hope this helps!

Cheers,

468 Replies

I'm encountering an issue with my Spotify desktop app where the lyrics are not displaying. I've tried restarting the app and ensuring a stable internet connection to no avail. Could you please assist in resolving this?

Plan

Free

Country

India

Device

Galaxy S20+

Operating System

Android 13

My Question or Issue

For the past few weeks, lyrics of most songs have just disappeared, and thr box just shows "Couldn't load the lyrics for this song." I thought that they probably removed the feature for free users, but that wasn't mentioned anywhere and lyrics still show up for select few songs.Anyone knows why this is happening, and when will it be fixed?.This is happening, on my PC and iPad too, so it isn't just an android issue

Spoiler
I

I really don't know why the lyrics on some songs were deleted, I used to listen those song but seems it got deleted with the last updates and I'm VERY well disagree with that, so please, I'd like you to put them back cause the lyrics option was very essencial for spotify users

My songs always say “couldn’t load the lyrics for this song” i’m going to stop listening to spotify the only reason i was using it was for the wrapped but now it’s just terrible insane adds every song no lyrics for songs bad song quality i’m just done please fix your lyrics problem and actually make adds every 30 minutes instead of every song

Hey, just like anyone else would tell you, you’re lucky there is a free version. Nothing in life is free, and of course there are ads. What do you expect a business to do? 😂 If you spent some money you would hear the better quality too. For the lyrics problem, it seems to be relatively new, and not affecting everyone. 

please I need it

I previusly could see them but now it always displays that the app doesnt have them

looks they won't. Still no lyrics after almost a year.

This is ridiculous!!!!!

In my Spotify lyrics are not showing
So try to show the lyrics
Thank you 😊

I have literally tried everything, updated , reinstall , cache delete , even checked on musicmatch site pr this is fault from spotify side so fix this , view the lyrics

4:00AM Taeko Onuki 
Midnight Pretenders Tomoko Aran
99 Luftballons Nena 
all lyrics don't show on Spotify but all work on Musixmatch and work on Youtube Music too!!

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone 14

Operating System

iOS 17.3.1

Spotify Version

My Question or Issue

With a recent update, I no longer see the lyrics for ANY song. I always see “About the Artist” instead. There is no way to see lyrics anymore. I have Premium, and had lyrics up until recently. Help!

Half of my playlists songs don’t have lyrics, i looked on music match or whatever the app is and the lyrics are on there for one of them that i checked but not on spotify? its really  annoying. and there’s like nothing can fix it.

I can't see the lyrics for many songs. I have been facing this issue from quite a ling time like months or a year. I thought if i would wait patiently then the devs would resolve this issue but no that isn't the case. So I request you to to fix this issue as soon as possible. This issue is not faced only by but others as well.
Thanks

It doesn't load the lyrics of the songs, songs that others get with lyrics, no, I have a connection and I have tried uninstalling

When I try to listen to any old song like Shape of You by Ed Sheeran even then the lyrics are not showing or it shows the following messages: "we dont have the lyrics", you'll have to guess the lyrics, etc. This also goes for a lot of songs. Can you help me fix this?

Earlier there used to be lyrics now it only shows "error loading lyrics" EVERYTIME!!!!

No lyrics on songs that otherwise should have them. Some artists don't even have a single song with lyrics attached like Arctic Monkeys and Eminem. Either shows up with nothing or "still working on it". I even checked with musixmatch and they seem to have the lyrics for it. Why doesn't spotify add the lyrics? Is it country based? I would love to have lyrics on my songs.

None of the songs I listen to show their lyrics on both mobile and PC 🥲

Suggested posts