"Killing an Arab" - The Cure

"Killing an Arab" - The Cure

profanegod
Casual Listener

Why don't you have this song? I notice you also don't have the entire album "Boys Don't Cry", so rather than assuming the reason is due to some knee-jerk reaction to the title of the song rather than the subject matter (The Stranger by Albert Camus), I'd like some clarification on why this particular song is unavailable.

10 Replies

Re: "Killing an Arab" - The Cure

Rock Star 18
Rock Star 18

Hello there and welcome to the community,

This song is available on a compilation

Spotify wants all the music in the world available to stream. But Sometimes by decision of the label and/or the artist or due to licensing problems, some songs/albums are not available at all or partially available on certain countries.

Spotify is working hard daily to convince labels/artist to have all their music to stream.

SoundofusRock Star 18
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

BlackDog714
So, this song is no longer available? As of 30 June 2016, it says unavailable.

fuoscar

So the rest of the compliation (and "Boys Don't Cry" for that matter) is available, but the song "Killing an Arab" is blocked?!? Can you say "double standard"? I can listen to any number of drive-by glorifying misogynistic rap songs all day and all night, but THIS song is blocked? So who exactly is telling us whatwe can or can't listen to? Spotify or the record label? Could we get an answer?

jstoddard365

I miss this song so much!

Grubby_Grouper

Hey, I was also very displeased that this wasn’t available, until I thought to search for the bestival 2011 live version, “Killing Another”. It’s spot on to the studio version, and it’s on spotify. Hope this helps.

zcheeze
Casual Listener

That is an EXTREMELY great show, too. The entire thing is fantastic. (A quick look-up of show history/description should quell any complaints re: the songs title change).

thecant2002
Casual Listener

Still not on the US site. Its on Youtube and Apple Music. What gives? One of the Cure's greatest songs

kwperley
Casual Listener

It must be the label, because there is a cover (and a pretty good one, imo) of Killing an Arab by "The Reign" available on Spotify, but the original is not.

MsgtZ

As a cure fan and 24 year military man I'm **bleep** I spent 14 of those in combat to fight for freedom among other things and I pay not to have the freedom to here a song from my youth. Ironic as someone who did the what the songs name is I never thought about the song when I was there, damm shame. This generation is a bunch of cry babies oh that song is bad , he offended my race at holloween by whetting a Afro, or headdress,  or he said **bleep**ed when he disliked that whatever and people wonder why I hate liberals looking at this country on a 5 inch screen never seeing the BIG PICTURE. A miscopic view of things creates miscopic closed minds , who does that help anyway open minded creative thinking people created all things we have from a chair to a plane censorship has always brought ignorance and danger , I've seen it for my self in Iraq and Afghanistan my grandfather once told me during WWII in some country they asked him if the black soldiers were for nite fighting guess where Spotify sits in that conversation. Msgt Z

SUGGESTED POSTS