Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

song does not get pushed out to listeners

song does not get pushed out to listeners

Dear community,

my name is Jonas and I'm a music producer from Germany working with some indie artists.

For some unknown reason, the latest releases of one of the artists don't "trigger" the algorithm anymore (see figure 1). Usually the graphs looked like this (see figure 2+3) and we got a notable push exactly after one week through algorithmic playlists - especially 'Release Radar' and 'Your daily mix'. The strange thing is that though our Instagram, spotify followers and even the numbers of streams, listeners and saves on the first day of release grew from release to release, we didn't get the second spike in the streaming numbers anymore.
I got in contact with the Spotify for Artist-Support, but only got answers like "We looked backstage, we can confirm that there shouldn't be anything wrong with your stats. There are lots of great ways to promote your music with Spotify. Here are some tips to get you [...]", 

"We’ve taken another look, and everything's displaying correctly on our end.

To shed some light on this, running Facebook campaigns and other advertising campaigns, these streams might not be counted. In order for the stream to count, the track must be played through a supported Spotify platform; track previews within Facebook and not the Spotify app won’t count." and got referred to articles about music promotion.

Now the artist and I are a bit insecure and confused about what's going wrong and how to solve the issue, because it seems a bit pointless to release more music at this moment.

Any help is welcome.

Bildschirmfoto 2021-05-01 um 19.10.09.png

Bildschirmfoto 2021-05-01 um 19.10.09.png

Bildschirmfoto 2021-05-01 um 19.27.49.png

Bildschirmfoto 2021-05-01 um 19.28.26.png

2 Replies

Hi @JonasFrankMusic,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

We'd recommend you reach out to our Artist Support team directly here, as they'll be able to give you more accurate information and answer your questions.

Hope this helps 🙂

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey @Alex,

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunatley they couldn’t provide a solution, so I was hoping to get some help from the community.

cheers

Jonas

Jonad

Suggested posts