Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

spotify blend with only old songs

spotify blend with only old songs

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

XR iPhone

My Question or Issue

I recently made a spotify blend with a friend and all of my songs are songs I was listening too over two months ago. None of my most played music from this month is on there and the blend should have been updated multiple times since we’ve had it for a few days. I was wondering if blends will always just be most played music overall or if it will actually update and change as your listening habits change for example taking a least a couple songs off your most played for the month rather than all time.

Thank you.

4 Replies

Hi there @urstrawberrysmoothie,

Thank you for taking the time to post here in the Community. Let's take a closer look into this.

It should update daily with songs based on all of your listening activity. Can you create a new one to see if the issue persists?

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

i just made a new blend and it’s still only using old songs. some of them i know i haven’t listened to for over two months and none of my top played songs from this month are on there. my original playlist with my friend also is still the same as when we made it days ago.

thank you for your response

Hey @urstrawberrysmoothie,

Thank you for keeping in touch and for the info sent.

The tracks in the playlist will probably look the same if you're blending the playlist with the same user. Keep in mind that Blend playlists are based on the common music listened by the users involved in it. This means that, even if you start playing new music, if the new tracks are not matching the taste of the other users, they will not be added to the blend.

However, take into account that not all of the tracks from the playlists changes, the playlist gradually adds new few songs when the users involved start to listen to new music matching the tastes of the other users.

Hope this helps. If you have any additional questions, don't hesitate to ask. 

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I am happy that Spotify introduced this feature. This is really exciting to share your taste with other. But it’s a long way to go as I believe Spotify needs to improve this feature a lot.
I have already created separate blends with my friends. I like neither of them. Actually, I listened to a sing once in my life but Spotify Blend brings it in all 4 blend playlists! How is that even possible?

Suggested posts