I am testing how to embed playplaylists, tracks etc.
Feel free to suggest tips, since the official guide is not working for me.
Before suggesting re-read the previous sentence.
Before writing anything, please read the second sentence.
See? Nothing is working. Everything shows as link or code, not as a playable playlist :(
<iframe src="https://embed.spotify.com/?uri=spotify:album:4aNLOuF28szIiZvqf5FuWr" width="300" height="380" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true"></iframe>
I find it quite ridiculous that Community Spotify itself doesn't have an own biult-in player, and other pages such as wordpress have.
Solved! Go to Solution.
The community does have it's own built in player code, new users just have to do the content link adding in posts in the correct order.
First use either the Spotify desktop app or even a mobile app, right click on either a track name or album artwork, or one can click or tap on the circle with three dots to get track and whole album links. There is three linking options available, Copy Album link, which is an HTTP link, Copy Spotify URI - which is the linking system inside the Spotify system for all content on the service, there is also a Copy Embed Code for users who wish to add a play button on their community pages for Spotify content they like to share with their followers.
Here at the community users need to:
1. Click on Copy Spotify URI on any track or whole album links inside of the Spotify service apps.
2. Create a new post in the community, make sure you stay on the Rich Text tab option when posting, Do Not click on HTML tab to post Spotify URI links. This uses the HTML coding and messes things up for Spotify URI links.
3. Click on the chain symbol on the posting options menu here.
4. Copy the Spotify URI link into both the Url and Text to display fields.
5. Click on OK.
6. The posting features of the community code will if the poster stays on the Rich Text posting tab first, the community code will create a standard play button for all Spotify content posted here.
7. Click on Post when finished with typing or copying all needed content for the post.
The Spotify URI links look similar to this: spotify:track:3O2hu8wMKZfR2hqIWElMEl or for full albums like this spotify:album:1chJ8xSw3v6vYOj3JelFTu
The part of the Spotify URL's that look like this https://play.spotify.com/, these links open content in the Spotify Webplayer on browsers for the Spotify service. Users who are not logged into the Spotify service on their browser will have to sign into the Spotify service before they can play the content.
There is also these Spotify URL links as well that start with https://open.spotify.com/, these links will automatically play content if a user has the Webplayer open and logged into the Spotify service, or if they have the Webplayer cookie setting set to open content with the Spotify desktop client, content when clicking on these links will open there on the Spotify desktop app and play automatically.
I do hope this information helped some?