Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

video for distractible is unavailable

video for distractible is unavailable

Plan

Free

Country

Saudi Arabia

Device

(poco f3, vivobook laptop(firefox browser, edge browser and desktop app))

Operating System

(Android 12, Windows 10)

My Issue

video works on all podcasts but distractible.
the error message "Video podcasts are downloaded as audio only" pops up, although i am clicking the show video button and not trying to download.

image.png
6 Replies

I tried clearing cache and reinstalling the app on both my phone and pc and i still can't watch it. Is it region locked?

Hiya Adel7, so if you are encountering an error message saying "Video podcasts are downloaded as audio only" when trying to view the video for the Distractible podcast on Spotify, it is possible that this issue is specific to the Distractible podcast itself rather than a problem with your device or the Spotify app.

One possible explanation is that the Distractible podcast may not currently be offering video versions of their episodes on Spotify. While the podcast may have video versions available on other platforms, such as YouTube, they may have chosen to only release audio versions on Spotify. In this case, the "Show Video" button may be disabled or unavailable for the Distractible podcast episodes on Spotify.

Another possibility is that there may be a technical issue with the podcast's video files or the way they are uploaded to Spotify. This could cause the "Show Video" button to not function correctly, even if video versions of the podcast episodes are available on Spotify.

Also Spotify has a setting that allows you to download podcasts with audio only. Here's how you can enable this setting:

1. Open the Spotify app on your device.
  2. Tap on the "Home" tab at the bottom of the screen.
  3. Scroll down to the "Podcasts" section and select the podcast you want to download.
  4. Tap on the three dots in the top right corner of the screen to open the podcast's settings.
  5. Scroll down to the "Download" section and make sure the "Download Episodes" toggle is turned on.
  6. Tap on the "Download using Wi-Fi only" option to turn it off if you want to be able to download episodes using your mobile data connection.
  7. Tap on the "Audio Only" option to enable it. This will ensure that only the audio version of the podcast is downloaded, without any video or other multimedia content.

Once you have enabled the "Audio Only" option for the podcast you want to download, any future downloads of that podcast will be in audio-only format. You can also follow these same steps to disable the "Audio Only" option if you want to download both the audio and video versions of the podcast. 

Let me know what you find,

-Prague the Dog

PragueSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

الحمد لله أحسب بس أنا الوحيد ألي يسمع البودكاست في السعودية و عنده نفس المشكلة 

أظن المشكلة عندنا مو عندهم عشان لمن اسأل الناس في الريدتت يطلع شغال عندهم فا أظن الفديو مو موجود في السعودية عشني حاولة كل شيء و مافي فايدة أذا زبط معاك قلي بالله 

Hello,

I can't even search the Distractible Podcast, I reinstalled and deleted cashe, yet it still didn't work, neither on my laptop or phone, it keeps saying the podcast isn't available.

I can't watch the distractible podcast but I can watch other video podcasts, there has been an announcement and everything that it offers video but I can't find it even though I can watch other podcasts I've done the reinstalling and toggling the settings method but it won't work

Yeah for me too. Region: Central Europe. Is there any way to find out if the issue is on my side?

Suggested posts