Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

error code 50

Solved!

error code 50

I've tried ten times to install spotify on my windows desktop.  I have had my firewall disabled for the last several attempts.  My internet is working fine on other things.  It keeps adding more "minutes left" in the download and then will eventually give "error code 50".  This error is not listed in your error code list on the FAQ.

Thanks in advance.

28 Replies

I had the same problem and none of the solutions that I read here could solve the problem. 

I finally installed the programm when I closed the chrome and tried through IE (it works! and only using the standard button to download!).

Please let me know if this advice was useful 😉

there is a program thats called YAC (yet another cleaner) that i removed from my computer.

after i removed it (i did nothing else) all errors (mainly 50,53 and 2) disapered.

hope it helps

Still getting error 50 on my new laptop (Windows 8, using IE, Norton, so nothing special). Don't know what to do. Which more settings could be changed? 

Plss.. Spotify... Fix the problem....... Or else its last time, i ever BUY spotify premium.... And i CANT Download any of your **bleep**ty progam's..... I tried of this **bleep** maan.... Fix it, or you don't see me anymore.... I will not pay for a program, that doesnt work....
ERROR CODE 50......... And yes my firewall is compltley disable.... And your link will not download.

Does this installer make any difference?
http://download.spotify.com/Spotify%20Installer.exe

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

i had to refreash my computer and it deleted everything including spotify, well im a premium member and i pay for that mess so i want to put it back on but i have tryed everything, that has beenmentioned here and i am at wits end with this my monthly subscriptionjust went through andi cant use it which. i keep getting error codes errorcode 50 
i have turned off the firewalls turned off mcafee
this is my personal computer, internet connects fine, even the third party installations are not working not even the last one you have posted here....
i need help, 

Thanks so much! You have been very helpful! 🙂

Thank you for your suggestions on all other posts but I am still stuck with loading it and also logging-in. I tried downloading to fuller .exe but even with thechanging to a new password, disabling firewalls and any other virus protection, restarting and msconfig solutions I am still not able to load on my PC. I am running Windows 8.1Pro 64-bit. Any suggestions to start enjoying music again? It was fine until the last update and since then I can't login or able to download from scratch. Thank you in advance.

Kudos.  This did it for me.  Thansk for providing the information!!!!

Suggested posts