Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Community Manager
  • Community Manager
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes

FAQ: Spotify for Windows 10 app

Hey folks, we've outlined some of the common questions you might have about the Windows 10 app now available. Please post in this board if you have any other questions. Q: Why can’t I see Spotify in the Windows 10 store? A: Spotify for Windows store ...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes

Spotify freezes as soon as i try to input my password [Windows 8]

Hello, my spotify completely freezes as soon as i touch the password bar. It won't even let me attempt to log in.I've already looked around the forum for a solution and i've tried several of them already.The only thing so far that worked temporarily ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, my spotify completely freezes as soon as i touch the password bar. It won't even let me attempt to log in. I've already looked around the forum for a solution and i've tried several of them a...
  • Arzanite
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Minimizing Data Usage

I'm not clear on how Spotify works and the difference between a "local" song and songs that have been "synched". I want to minimize data avausage when I'm not on wifi. Clearly listening to Spotify Radio consumes data - I get that. Once I've got a pla...

• Not applicable
  • I'm not clear on how Spotify works and the difference between a "local" song and songs that have been "synched".  I want to minimize data avausage when I'm not on wifi.    Clearly ...
  • rodolforoim
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

how to stop streaming?

The streaming message keeps on annoying me and I want some answers to stop it.... Thanks root3287

• Casual Listener
  • The streaming message keeps on annoying me and I want some answers to stop it.... Thanks root3287
  • Amarro
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! The end of Spotify App on Desktop platform?!

Hi, I saw a notice that in next updates Spotify will going to kill its Apps on Desktop Client Service!?Check here. https://gigaom.com/2014/11/03/spotify-kills-its-app-platform-three-years-after-its-launch/

• Roadie
  • Hi, I saw a notice that in next updates Spotify will going to kill its Apps on Desktop Client Service!? Check here. https://gigaom.com/2014/11/03/spotify-kills-its-app-platform-three-years-after-i...
  • krikelin
  • Community Legend
  • 17 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 17 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Spotify Radio not showing up

Hi there. My desktop client's radio is playing but I cannot see any thing.

DdPbwnB.jpg
  • Music Fan
  • Hi there.   My desktop client's radio is playing but I cannot see any thing. 
  • KJ115
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Public playlist - strange behaviour

So it's like this ... I used to have one account for all the family but the playlists were getting clogged up with my sons crazy tunes. So I upgraded from premium to family with one extra account and gave that to the rest of the family for use on the...

• Not applicable
  • So it's like this ...   I used to have one account for all the family but the playlists were getting clogged up with my sons crazy tunes.  So I upgraded from premium to family with one ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Follow button bug

Since a few days the embedded follow button doesn't display number of followers on website where it's activated.It has been always working good before. http://www.soundofus.com http://twitter.com/soundofus

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Since a few days the embedded follow button doesn't display number of followers on website where it's activated. It has been always working good before.   http://www.soundofus.com http://...
  • Soundofus
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify just played 6 commercials in a row? Is this a glitch?

Spotify usually plays 1-3 commercials at a time which is fine with me. But earlier my Spotify played 6 commercials in a row. 6! Please tell me this was just a glitch and not some new thing you are starting. This is the first time this has happened. A...

• Roadie
  • Spotify usually plays 1-3 commercials at a time which is fine with me. But earlier my Spotify played 6 commercials in a row. 6! Please tell me this was just a glitch and not some new thing you are st...
  • Paryahs_plight
  • 30 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Windows
  • 30 replies
  • 4 likes

Solved!! Why do Albums Disappear?

i was listening to an album, for entire month, and now it's gone. It doesn't exist anymore! I've searched it, and nothing. I searched a title from the album and it came up as saved from my playlist, clicked on it, and it said unavailable. This has ha...

• Casual Listener
  • i was listening to an album, for entire month, and now it's gone. It doesn't exist anymore! I've searched it, and nothing. I searched a title from the album and it came up as saved from my playlist, ...
  • MonsterMe
  • 38 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Windows
  • 38 replies
  • 5 likes

Solved!! minimise to tray

Hello. I read already several topics about the minimise to tray option. Solution so fa,r was right click on taskbar and activate minimise to tray. This works for my win 8.1 PC. On my win 7 64x I dont have this option. if i right click the taskbar ico...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello.   I read already several topics about the minimise to tray option. Solution so fa,r was right click on taskbar and activate minimise to tray. This works for my win 8.1 PC. On ...
  • MKSKORP
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Left side frame will not allow me to adjust it wide enough

Currently I am only able to drag the desktop's left side frame to a width which is not wide enough for me to read all of the text in my Playlists. I would like to be able to drag it further towards the right. I turned off the Activity frame on the ri...

• Gig Goer
  • Currently I am only able to drag the desktop's left side frame to a width which is not wide enough for me to read all of the text in my Playlists. I would like to be able to drag it further towards t...
  • vbartoloma
  • Gig Goer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't connect to facebook via regular account

I can't connect to facebook with my regular spotify account. Previously I created an account with my facebook account, but I want to keep using my regular account but connect it to facebook. When I try to connect, I get the facebook login screen, and...

• I can't connect to facebook with my regular spotify account.   Previously I created an account with my facebook account, but I want to keep using my regular account but connect it to faceboo...
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Please help me SPOTIFY deleted all my songs

All of a sudden all my songs are missing, they're not there anymore, the playlists are there but there is a " + " sign next to ALL of the songs, so I have to add them all over again, I only had one playlist with 130 songs which is the one I use for t...

• Casual Listener
  • All of a sudden all my songs are missing, they're not there anymore, the playlists are there but there is a " + " sign next to ALL of the songs, so I have to add them all over again, I only had one p...
  • Patrycja95
  • 10 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Windows
  • 10 replies
  • 4 likes

Solved!! Discovery is broken?

Why can't I hold down the play button to preview a part of the song like it used to do?

• Music Fan
  • Why can't I hold down the play button to preview a part of the song like it used to do?
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Syncing to android keeps saying "pending"

Hello, I am trying to sync my local files with my android device, but when I check "Local files", after my android device is connected, the status says "pending" the whole time. Does anyone know why this is happening? Screen: http://prntscr.com/52k4b...

• Regular
  • Hello,   I am trying to sync my local files with my android device, but when I check "Local files", after my android device is connected, the status says "pending" the whole time. Does anyon...
  • EranM
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Wrong album & songs on ABC profile page

Hi! I was trying to listen a song of ABC, the british band, and i figured out that there's a "Kid Album" for learning. When you watch this, you'll laught, if you're not, you must ask for a raise Description There's a wrong album on ABC profile, it do...

ABC kids?.png
  • Hi! I was trying to listen a song of ABC, the british band, and i figured out that there's a "Kid Album" for learning. When you watch this, you'll laught, if you're not, you must ask for a raise 😉 ...
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

All playlists deleted/unsubbed from?

Hey all, Went to play from my playlists on my phone on the way home from work there, and I was unsubscribed from all of my playlists and the ones I created were deleted? Thought it was perhaps a bug with my phone just not syncing properly with my acc...

wut2.PNG wut.PNG
  • Casual Listener
  • Hey all,   Went to play from my playlists on my phone on the way home from work there, and I was unsubscribed from all of my playlists and the ones I created were deleted? Thought it was per...
  • geekycreeper
  • Gig Goer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

PLAYBACK FROM OLDEST TO NEWEST

i wish to play an artist's albums from oldest to newest. But it only lists them from newest to oldest..is there a way to sort the albums with their oldest albums at the top of the page?..that way i can start at the begining of an artists career and p...

• Casual Listener
  • i wish to play an artist's albums from oldest to  newest. But it only  lists them from newest to oldest..is there a way to sort the albums with their oldest albums at the top of the page?.....
  • TeddyMcSnuggins
  • Visitor
  • 6 replies
  • 9 likes
  • Windows
  • 6 replies
  • 9 likes

Please help... Playlists will not show up as Public

My playlists will not show up as public even though they are marked public. Ihave tried marking private and then switching back to public, signing in and out, refreshing.... nothing i do changes. Only 1 or 2 show up to friends and I have several. app...

• My playlists will not show up as public even though they are marked public. Ihave tried marking private and then switching back to public, signing in and out, refreshing.... nothing i do changes. Onl...
  • helpmeplz
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Trouble with Spotify

I have two problems with Spotify. First, when I try and install the Installer encounters an error just at the end of installing, error code 53. I have tried installing using Epic Privacy Browser to avoid cookie problems. No luck! The second is to do ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have two problems with Spotify. First, when I try and install the Installer encounters an error just at the end of installing, error code 53.   I have tried installing using Epic Privacy B...
  • dxer
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes