Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Community Manager
  • Community Manager
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes

FAQ: Spotify for Windows 10 app

Hey folks, we've outlined some of the common questions you might have about the Windows 10 app now available. Please post in this board if you have any other questions. Q: Why can’t I see Spotify in the Windows 10 store? A: Spotify for Windows store ...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes

Now I know why some of the spotify tracks are not playing and/or not available

I have been having problems with some tracks not playing for quite some time, part of the problem seem to be related the way Spotify is managing their back end. Here is the proof: Not working: http://open.spotify.com/track/454PvA7LkC77oZRwPqcdP6 (Tra...

• Gig Goer
  • I have been having problems with some tracks not playing for quite some time, part of the problem seem to be related the way Spotify is managing their back end.  Here is the proof:   No...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

"Discover" completely bugged?

Hello, since about 1 month or more im almost only listening to hip hop, trap and this kind o music. But in discover theres not even one Trap song, not even one hip hop song?! Also it only says that i was listening to very few bands, and the last time...

• Music Fan
  • Hello,   since about 1 month or more im almost only listening to hip hop, trap and this kind o music. But in discover theres not even one Trap song, not even one hip hop song?! Also it o...
  • adisib
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Messages/chat not in correct order

The message window seems to only acknowledge time in minutes so sending more than one message in a minute often results in conversations being shown out of order. It's really annoying. Anyone else having this trouble?

• Casual Listener
  • The message window seems to only acknowledge time in minutes so sending more than one message in a minute often results in conversations being shown out of order.   It's really ann...
  • beakie
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

BUG: Albums containing '+' not showing up in local files (Windows)

I'v noticed a quite irritating bug/oddity If an album title in iTunes contains the + sign this album will not show up automatically under local files in Spotify for Windows. You have to manually drag it there for it to show up. For mac this is not a ...

• Regular
  • I'v noticed a quite irritating bug/oddity If an album title in iTunes contains the + sign this album will not show up automatically under local files in Spotify for Windows. You have to manu...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

dont work the hits section on desktop program

lately dont work the hits section, i log off and log in again and it continues not appearing hits section

• Not applicable
  • lately dont work the hits section, i log off and log in again and it continues not appearing hits section    
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

windows app directly crash after play button

Hi, since today, my app is not able to work properly, if i press play button the app directly close/crash, it happen with local also. see attached .dmp and .dmp extra in zip file.

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   since today, my app is not able to work properly, if i press play button the app directly close/crash, it happen with local also.   see attached .dmp  and  .dmp...
  • willy59
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! using Spotify in Thailand

hello, does anyone out there know if I can access my spotify playlists when I am in Thailand? Thanks, Rob

• hello, does anyone out there know if I can access my spotify playlists when I am in Thailand? Thanks,  Rob
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Connect suddenly changes current playlist

Whenever I have music playing on my desktop my phone is automatically using Connect to be able to control the desktop app. I'm not using Connect to control at all but it still activates anyway. However it randomly changes my current playlist and remo...

• Casual Listener
  • Whenever I have music playing on my desktop my phone is automatically using Connect to be able to control the desktop app. I'm not using Connect to control at all but it still activates anyway. &nb...
  • qwertier
  • Casual Listener
  • 20 replies
  • 38 likes
  • Windows
  • 20 replies
  • 38 likes

Little bug

I found this little bug listening a song and browsing in other lists. When I go back, I found what is in the image.

• Casual Listener
  • I found this little bug listening a song and browsing in other lists. When I go back, I found what is in the image.
  • tefotazo
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify skips first 500ms of tracks after pause.

Often if Spotify has been paused and I go to play a new track the first 250-500ms of the song are silent. This is annoying because often this contains the first beat of the track so you begin on the second beat which is a rather disorientating start ...

• Casual Listener
  • Often if Spotify has been paused and I go to play a new track the first 250-500ms of the song are silent. This is annoying because often this contains the first beat of the track so you begin on th...
  • adisib
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

devices

I am trying to syn my spotify to my ipod. When I connect it I cannot see devices anywhere on the left hand sidebar

• I am trying to syn my spotify to my ipod. When I connect it I cannot see devices anywhere on the left hand sidebar<br>
  • Jordi
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Is there a command to play a playlist using command line?

Hi, I want to fall asleep and wake up to music on Spotify. I'm making a batch file to do this but I still need a command to play a playlist on Spotify. If you know how to do this can you please help. Thanks. This is what I have so far - @echo offping...

• Hi, I want to fall asleep and wake up to music on Spotify. I'm making a batch file to do this but I still need a command to play a playlist on Spotify. If you know how to do this can you please hel...
  • ferrum
  • Music Fan
  • 21 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 21 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Can't install spotify (Error code 50)

I have no anti-virus running, and turned off all firewalls. But every time I try and install I still get Error code 50 (Unable to install, check internet connectivity or firewalls). Running a wired ethernet connection to my computer running windows 7...

• Casual Listener
  • I have no anti-virus running, and turned off all firewalls. But every time I try and install I still get Error code 50 (Unable to install, check internet connectivity or firewalls). Running a wired e...
  • J-W-Allen
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Add a playlist to the listening queue

Hello. I really don't understand how the listenning queue works. I try to replace the current queue by one of my playlist and I can't do it. If I right click on the playlist on the left column of the UI and click "Play" ("Lire" in french), it only ad...

• Hello. I really don't understand how the listenning queue works. I try to replace the current queue by one of my playlist and I can't do it. If I right click on the playlist on the left column ...
  • Carina
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify switched two tracks

The audio tracks for Set It Off's Wolf in Sheep's Clothing and Duality were switched. Here's the URI for each track: Wolf in Sheep's Clothing (Feat. William Beckett) Duality (The names don't match up with the audio.) Thanks!

• The audio tracks for Set It Off's Wolf in Sheep's Clothing and Duality were switched. Here's the URI for each track: Wolf in Sheep's Clothing (Feat. William Beckett) Duality (The names don't ...
  • Greg
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to connect to Spotify

Hi! I'm currently a Premium user on Spotify and for the past month or longer, I've been experiencing very bad connections with Spotify. I checked my International download speed and it was going at a steady 80+Mbps, I also tried reinstalling and chan...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi! I'm currently a Premium user on Spotify and for the past month or longer, I've been experiencing very bad connections with Spotify. I checked my International download speed and it was going at a...
  • Potamatoe
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify swithing to saved playlist when listening to "browse" lists

I have spotify (premium account) installed on two desktops(0.9.14.13) and on my android phone(1.5.0.739) and im having a wierd glitch. I searched but could not find anyone else having this trouble. If I am listening on my desktop to say one of the br...

• Casual Listener
  • I have spotify (premium account) installed on two desktops(0.9.14.13) and on my android phone(1.5.0.739) and im having a wierd glitch. I searched but could not find anyone else having this trouble. ...
  • kszaby
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Feedback

Hi!I want to thank Spotify Support for their fast and good service helping me solve my problem. I am really greatful for this! Cheers!

• Casual Listener
  • Hi! I want to thank Spotify Support for their fast and good service helping me solve my problem.  I am really greatful for this!  Cheers!
  • madstorm
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Icon "Save to your music" frequently fails

The icons "Save to your music" have a very erratic behaviour, sometimes they work, sometimes not. I must press 5, 6 times to the icon to make it work. The same happens with the icons in the same place to "Remove from your music". I believe it has hap...

• The icons "Save to your music"  have a very erratic behaviour, sometimes they work, sometimes not.  I must press 5, 6 times to the icon to make it work. The same happens with the icons...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Add to favourite bugs

Hi, Spotify decided to mess with me, using the latest version on Windows 8.1. When i add a track to my Selections, the + features, Spotify refuses so it cancels it, so i repeat it 3-6 times in a row, then finally spotify accept and the song is added....

• Music Fan
  • Hi,     Spotify decided to mess with me, using the latest version on Windows 8.1. When i add a track to my Selections, the + features, Spotify refuses so it cancels it, so i repeat ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes