Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • tunaman_jim
  • Gig Goer
  • 249 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 249 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Play the same playlist on different users?

Hi! Me and a buddy of mine just put together an awsome playlist on his user, i follow that playlist and we listen to it all the time. Here is the question! Can we play it simontaneously from 2 users? tought that the "Radio" function was for that purp...

• Regular
  • Hi!     Me and a buddy of mine just put together an awsome playlist on his user, i follow that playlist and we listen to it all the time.   Here is the question! Can we play it si...
  • E34Touring
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Considerable issues on all platforms (Windows 10 and Android)

I have to put my Android phone on airplane mode to get it to play. Spotify eats RAM like no other app. My desktop app crashes constantly for no reason. I don't know why I need to interact with Spotify at all - all these generated playlists they creat...

• Casual Listener
  • I have to put my Android phone on airplane mode to get it to play. Spotify eats RAM like no other app. My desktop app crashes constantly for no reason. I don't know why I need to interact with Spotif...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Polish ads? Polnische Werbung?

Hello!Polish ad & German SpotifyAs you can see, there should be German ads instead of polish...Language is set to German, also setting it to English or somewhat don't do anything as well as reinstalling Spotify...any help?

polish.PNG
  • Visitor
  •   Hello! Polish ad & German Spotify As you can see, there should be German ads instead of polish...Language is set to German, also setting it to English or somewhat don't do anything as...
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Local file album names being changed automatically

Hey,The issue I am having is that in one of the albums I am importing locally some of the songs are also in another album that is on spotify, so some of the songs are having their album name changed and not being in the album anymore. Locally they ar...

• Visitor
  • Hey, The issue I am having is that in one of the albums I am importing locally some of the songs are also in another album that is on spotify, so some of the songs are having their album name change...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Desktop version uses too much RAM

I just installed the desktop version lately, and I find out that this application use almost 1gb of my RAM within two hours. And it's still increasing. Although my 16G RAM can handle that but it's still annoying. I have already tried reinstall Spotif...

• Casual Listener
  • I just installed the desktop version lately, and I find out that this application use almost 1gb of my RAM within two hours. And it's still increasing.   Although my 16G RAM can hand...
  • AChiHuang
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Can't download songs on my computer

On my phone I can download songs, via the library then in songs. On the phone it works fine to download them, but on my computer the download switch is not there unlike on my phone?Is this legit a bug or just stupid that it is not a feature?

• On my phone I can download songs, via the library then in songs. On the phone it works fine to download them, but on my computer the download switch is not there unlike on my phone? Is this legit a ...
  • MichaelJerzak
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify won't work in windows 10

Hey, My spotify doesn't work in desktop. I couldn't even download it before but after reading, I managed to install it by running my PC in safe mode, but now I cannot connect to spotify. When I say connect with facebook, it never does and stays in a ...

• Regular
  • Hey,   My spotify doesn't work in desktop. I couldn't even download it before but after reading, I managed to install it  by running my PC in safe mode, but now I cannot connect to spotif...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffling results in alphabetically similar playlists when using a remote device

Spotify creates oddly balanced shuffle queues when playing from an 800 song playlist, controled from another machine. To recreate the issue, try this for yourself: Start by listening to any song, in this example. "Lateralus" by Tool. The playlist is ...

• Regular
  • Spotify creates oddly balanced shuffle queues when playing from an 800 song playlist, controled from another machine.   To recreate the issue, try this for yourself:   Start by listenin...
  • Spongeloaf
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Windows
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes

how to restore previous song files?

hey everyone, earlier this morning i took my MP3 download of Porter Robinson - Fellow Feeling (Chet Porter Flip) and imported it into my library and playlists pretty easily with no issues, until i realized that spotify had taken it upon itself to tak...

• hey everyone, earlier this morning i took my MP3 download of Porter Robinson - Fellow Feeling (Chet Porter Flip) and imported it into my library and playlists pretty easily with no issues, until i re...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! My "your music" is empty! Help.

All of a sudden ALL my saved music was lost. I can still see the Artists i follow, but nothing in Songs or Albums. My saved music still appears on my mobile, however. And even if i'm playing "Your Music - Songs" off my mobile (not my offline content)...

• Casual Listener
  • All of a sudden ALL my saved music was lost. I can still see the Artists i follow, but nothing in Songs or Albums.  My saved music still appears on my mobile, however. And even if i'm ...
  • jhv7d3
  • 5 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Windows
  • 5 replies
  • 4 likes

One Playlist "Loading...", cannot delete it

So i have this "Playlist" and it does'nt load. "Loading..." is not the real name of this playlist. If i click on it, nothing happens. If i right click on it, i cannot delete it. It bothers me. How can i delete it?

• So i have this "Playlist" and it does'nt load.  "Loading..." is not the real name of this playlist.   If i click on it, nothing happens. If i right click on it, i cannot delete it. It bot...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

How can I have Spotify automatically play the next Album

When I am in under Your Library -> Albums, after an album is over nothing happens. Since I'm usually working on my computer I want a continuous stream of music, how can I set it to automatically play whatever the next album in my album list is?

• When I am in under Your Library -> Albums, after an album is over nothing happens.  Since I'm usually working on my computer I want a continuous stream of music, how can I set it to automatic...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Error on Windows PC 'This song is not available....'

As of today I'm getting this error when trying to play any song from my Windows PC (Lenovo): "This song is not available. If you have the file on your computer you can import it" The song will play for a brief moment, not even a second, then the soun...

• Casual Listener
  • As of today I'm getting this error when trying to play any song from my Windows PC (Lenovo):   "This song is not available. If you have the file on your computer you can import it"   Th...
  • notmare
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Do not install Spotify on Windows

Installed Spotify on Windows 7. Cannot stop it starting at logon and cannot uninstall it. Support can't help. Installing Spotify has broken my pc, it's basically malware. Am posting this message everywhere to warn as many people as possible.

• Casual Listener
  • Installed Spotify on Windows 7. Cannot stop it starting at logon and cannot uninstall it. Support can't help. Installing Spotify has broken my pc, it's basically malware. Am posting this message ever...
  • CBass2
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Search hasn't worked well for weeks

I'm running desktop Spotify (version 1.0.57.474.gca9c9538) on a laptop running Windows 10, and about 80% of the time when I type something into the search bar it just shows me the "searching" circle forever and never actually searches. I have left it...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm running desktop Spotify (version 1.0.57.474.gca9c9538) on a laptop running Windows 10, and about 80% of the time when I type something into the search bar it just shows me the "searching" circle ...
  • jensauer
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Bose soundtouch is not connected with spotify premium

Hello All, yesterday Bose software suggested an update for the speaker. I ran the update and after a wile I coundn't get Spotify premium connect with the box. It is not visible under the device list. This is on my windows computer and on my android p...

• Hello All, yesterday Bose software suggested an update for the speaker. I ran the update and after a wile I coundn't get Spotify premium connect with the box. It is not visible under the device list....
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify using almost half of my processor? How so?

I was playing my Rainbow Six when I felt a huge lag, so I went to look for the cause and guess who was using 50% of the Processor? Yes Spotify. I have no idea what caused this in my spotify being that my pc is not bad or with little Hardware.Specific...

• I was playing my Rainbow Six when I felt a huge lag, so I went to look for the cause and guess who was using 50% of the Processor? Yes Spotify. I have no idea what caused this in my spotify being tha...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

This song is not available

So I go to Spotify free and put up songs which I have played before, and get a message saying ' this song is not available. If you have the song on your computer you can import it'. What am I doing wrong, has anyone a fix for this. I see some people ...

• Visitor
  • So I go to Spotify free and put up songs which I have played before, and get a message saying ' this song is not available. If you have the song on your computer you can import it'. What am I doing w...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloading

I only see things like a1, b3, c4 when I download the songs. What am I doing wrong ??

• I only see things like a1, b3, c4 when I download the songs. What am I doing wrong ??
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes