Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Amount of songs in a playlist?

Amount of songs in a playlist?

I know you can see how many total songs are in a playlist at the top. Is there a way to highlight a chunk of them and Spotify tell you how many are highlighted? Or, is there a way to see how many songs a single user has added to a colloborative playlist? Either of these would solve my problem. Thanks!

2 Replies

Hi johnk04111111,

Unfortunately at this stage you are unable to view the amount of selected songs or see how many songs you've added to a collaborative playlist, however you're more than welcome to post a Feature Request and if you get enough thumbs up, Spotify may take a look at integrating this! 🙂

Thanks

Jarred

Yes!  This is a very important resource-- So my friends showed me several ways to count the tracks in a highlighted area.  Please start with the following variation.

* Highlight the tracks that you want to count-- RightClick on the Highlighted area-- [Add to, New playlist]-- Then in the "New playlist" do Ctrl-A to highlight all tracks-- Then drag the top trackName of NewPlaylist upward until the mouseDrag message tells you how many tracks-- Or you can wait for the Spotify player to tell you how many "songs"-- But if you are doing many different ratios and mixes and balances-- fast-- you need an immediate count, right?

* And you might see in that mouseDrag message step the possibility of doing that mouseDrag in the original playlist-- without the copy-- But you should at least make a backup copy of your original playlist for recovery-- in case you accidentally delete or duplicate the tracks in the highlighted area-- At some point in the future, you will do these mouseDrag counts after doing a Ctrl-F find of all of an artist-- And you can get out gracefully by using the Esc key on your keyboard.

That [Add to, New playlist] method will work also for counting the number of tracks contributed by any user to a collaborative playlist-- However, keep in mind that in the NewPlaylist, the User will be YourID-- because you made a copy of the tracks from the collaborative playlist, would you agree?

The question you asked about getting this count of highlighted tracks is essential to all of your future complete control of that Spotify player-- so that you can hear exactly the trulyShuffled complete mix of [Artists, Albums, SongTitles, SongLengths] that you want to hear on Spotify!

And welcome, @johnk04111111-- Welcome  to the Spotify forums!

Suggested posts