Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Edwardont
  • Casual Listener
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Black screen and automatic shut down

Just like the title says and the picture shows. This is all I get from spotify on the desktop. It just shuts down after I get this screen for about 2 seconds. What can I do to fix this?Sorry if there's already a topic considering this issue but I cou...

• Just like the title says and the picture shows. This is all I get from spotify on the desktop.   It just shuts down after I get this screen for about 2 seconds. What can I do to fix this? Sor...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Lyrics

We're been without a lyrics system for spotify for a long time now, do you guys not plan on bringing it back at all or ?

• We're been without a lyrics system for spotify for a long time now, do you guys not plan on bringing it back at all or ?
  • ItsYonas
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Friend feed doesn't work

Hi,My friend feed doesn't work anymore, it seems that it cannot detect my Facebook friends... It says that I have 0 Facebook Friends on Spotify, though it's wrong...I looked at the application parameters on Facebook, and it seems that Spotify didn't ...

• Visitor
  • Hi, My friend feed doesn't work anymore, it seems that it cannot detect my Facebook friends... It says that I have 0 Facebook Friends on Spotify, though it's wrong... I looked at the application pa...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't add to the queue

After loading the latest update (version 1.0.7.157.g2a6526f9), it cleared my queue and now won't let me add anything new to the queue. I've tried right clicking from my history, from new albums, anywhere. I can play music directly but can't seem to a...

• Regular
  • After loading the latest update (version 1.0.7.157.g2a6526f9), it cleared my queue and now won't let me add anything new to the queue. I've tried right clicking from my history, from new albums,...
  • Ultimation
  • Roadie
  • 80 replies
  • 14 likes
  • Windows
  • 80 replies
  • 14 likes

Solved!! Energy saving stops Spotify (WIN 10)

I'm using a Win 10 Tablet and want to listen to music when I go to bed. Unfortunately this is not possible with the current Spotify-App, as Spotify stops playing music as soon as the screen is turned off by the energy saving setup.And no, it's not re...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm using a Win 10 Tablet and want to listen to music when I go to bed. Unfortunately this is not possible with the current Spotify-App, as Spotify stops playing music as soon as the screen is turned...
  • michal78001
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

No puedo borrar una canción de mi biblioteca de canciones

Resulta que cuando trato de eliminar una canción que ya no la quiero tener, doy clic derecho y luego le doy a eliminar de tu biblioteca y se quita el check que indica que esta guardada pero pasa unos segundos y automaticamente vuelve a ponerse el che...

• Resulta que cuando trato de eliminar una canción que ya no la quiero tener, doy clic derecho y luego le doy a eliminar de tu biblioteca y se quita el check que indica que esta guardada pero pasa unos...
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes

Windows Desktop Client Creating Playlist Tracks Not Listed

I created a new playlist using the Windows desktop client. Added three albums to the list but when I click on the list only one track shows and it only plays that one track. If I go to the web site and look at the playlist all tracks show. I have tri...

• Casual Listener
  • I created a new playlist using the Windows desktop client.  Added three albums to the list but when I click on the list only one track shows and it only plays that one track.  If I go to th...
  • RonV42
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Mixing issues

there is a problem in playing a song its like a broken record 

• there is a problem in playing a song its like a broken record 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't share songs anymore?

Ive always been able to share songs to my followers on spotify, has this changed in the last year or so? I usually just click "share" and then just click the "share"-button, but when i try to do so i can't click the button, its faded. Does anyone kno...

• Ive always been able to share songs to my followers on spotify, has this changed in the last year or so? I usually just click "share" and then just click the "share"-button, but when i try to do so i...
  • rednblu
  • Roadie
  • 15 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Windows
  • 15 replies
  • 4 likes

Spotify refuses to fix startup bug?

It has been a few months since I reported that the Windows 10 desktop client starts automatically at boot even with the correct option set appropriately. The one and only response I received from spotify was to tell me that I had to set that option, ...

• Regular
  • It has been a few months since I reported that the Windows 10 desktop client starts automatically at boot even with the correct option set appropriately. The one and only response I received from spo...
  • Paddy90
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't play specific artists songs "This song is not available..."

Hi! First post here! So, me and my friend are facing a very annoing problem inside Spotify for some weeks now. We can play no songs from some specific artists. But the bands are not the same for us both! For example, I can't play any RHCP, Iron Maide...

• Hi! First post here!   So, me and my friend are facing a very annoing problem inside Spotify for some weeks now. We can play no songs from some specific artists. But the bands are not the...
  • delpinsky
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

My spotify won't play songs

It was working before & now after it reinstalled itself again(does this alot) it's not playing songs. I use Windows 7 & the desktop program. I signin using Facebook info. I have tried the clearing the storage -still not working. I signed out of spoti...

• Regular
  • It was working before & now after it reinstalled itself again(does this alot) it's not playing songs. I use Windows 7 & the desktop program. I signin using Facebook info. I have tried the cle...
  • GuardianAngel67
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connect (Sonos) while not on home Wifi still "steals" connection

I've recently noticed that my Spotify Connect devices (Sonos) are available within my Windows desktop Spotify app, even while not at home and connected to the wifi where those devices live. I can even choose to switch the output to my home Sonos inst...

• I've recently noticed that my Spotify Connect devices (Sonos) are available within my Windows desktop Spotify app, even while not at home and connected to the wifi where those devices live. I can eve...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Desktop problems after windows creators fall update

I have updated my windows 10 to the latest creators fall update. After that the desktop app stops at the end of a song claiming it cannot play. Somtimes it's at the beginning of a song. I have reinstalled spotifiy with the latest windows app version ...

• Regular
  • I have updated my windows 10 to the latest creators fall update.  After that the desktop app stops at the end of a song claiming it cannot play.  Somtimes it's at the beginning of a song....
  • Chojin
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Add to queue problem on Windows 7 desktop app

When I right click on a song to add to queue and then left click the song, nothing is happening. This is a fault that has only started today but is becoming frustrating. Does anyone know what the problem is and how I can resolve it?

• When I right click on a song to add to queue and then left click the song, nothing is happening. This is a fault that has only started today but is becoming frustrating. Does anyone know what the pro...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

High CPU usage during ads

The CPU usage spikes a lot during ads. Not only video ads, but regular ones two. I've seen the usage to go up to over 70% !!! That's not normal. I personally don't mind ads, but there's something wrong with them. Specs:Windows 10 Education with the l...

• The CPU usage spikes a lot during ads. Not only video ads, but regular ones two. I've seen the usage to go up to over 70% !!! That's not normal. I personally don't mind ads, but there's something wro...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

This song is unavailable

For some time now I can't play any song by The xx or Lana Del Rey, previously on my phone it said that I discovered a premium option when I tried to shuffle play their songs, but on my PC it said that their songs are unavailable, now that I acquired ...

• For some time now I can't play any song by The xx or Lana Del Rey, previously on my phone it said that I discovered a premium option when I tried to shuffle play their songs, but on my PC it said tha...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Strange behavior when turning on screen

I have a strange problem with SpotifyMy setup, PC (with a screen directly connected with dvi) ->hdmi -> hdmi splitter (to stereo and projector). Now, the sound should always go out through the hdmi to the stereo no matter if the screen or the project...

• I have a strange problem with Spotify My setup, PC (with a screen directly connected with dvi) ->hdmi -> hdmi splitter (to stereo and projector).   Now, the sound should always go out t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify premium on iPhone wants me sign in every time!

Hi <br>Getting really frustrated and bored at having to log in every single time I open the iphone app.<br>It always used to keep me logged in, but every time I re-open app it wants me to log in?<br>Any help much appreciated<br>

• Casual Listener
  • Hi &lt;br&gt;Getting really frustrated and bored at having to log in every single time I open the iphone app.&lt;br&gt;It always used to keep me logged in, but every time I re-open ap...
  • renehendler
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Desktop ui glitching out

On the spotify desktop app, the ui is all messed up. Various text seems to be "boxed in" and there are squares of black

• On the spotify desktop app, the ui is all messed up. Various text seems to be "boxed in" and there are squares of black
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes