Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • removeallpodcasts
  • Regular
  • 250 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 250 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Solved!! Error on Windows PC 'This song is not available....'

As of today I'm getting this error when trying to play any song from my Windows PC (Lenovo): "This song is not available. If you have the file on your computer you can import it" The song will play for a brief moment, not even a second, then the soun...

• Casual Listener
  • As of today I'm getting this error when trying to play any song from my Windows PC (Lenovo):   "This song is not available. If you have the file on your computer you can import it"   Th...
  • notmare
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Do not install Spotify on Windows

Installed Spotify on Windows 7. Cannot stop it starting at logon and cannot uninstall it. Support can't help. Installing Spotify has broken my pc, it's basically malware. Am posting this message everywhere to warn as many people as possible.

• Casual Listener
  • Installed Spotify on Windows 7. Cannot stop it starting at logon and cannot uninstall it. Support can't help. Installing Spotify has broken my pc, it's basically malware. Am posting this message ever...
  • CBass2
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Search hasn't worked well for weeks

I'm running desktop Spotify (version 1.0.57.474.gca9c9538) on a laptop running Windows 10, and about 80% of the time when I type something into the search bar it just shows me the "searching" circle forever and never actually searches. I have left it...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm running desktop Spotify (version 1.0.57.474.gca9c9538) on a laptop running Windows 10, and about 80% of the time when I type something into the search bar it just shows me the "searching" circle ...
  • jensauer
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Bose soundtouch is not connected with spotify premium

Hello All, yesterday Bose software suggested an update for the speaker. I ran the update and after a wile I coundn't get Spotify premium connect with the box. It is not visible under the device list. This is on my windows computer and on my android p...

• Hello All, yesterday Bose software suggested an update for the speaker. I ran the update and after a wile I coundn't get Spotify premium connect with the box. It is not visible under the device list....
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify using almost half of my processor? How so?

I was playing my Rainbow Six when I felt a huge lag, so I went to look for the cause and guess who was using 50% of the Processor? Yes Spotify. I have no idea what caused this in my spotify being that my pc is not bad or with little Hardware.Specific...

• I was playing my Rainbow Six when I felt a huge lag, so I went to look for the cause and guess who was using 50% of the Processor? Yes Spotify. I have no idea what caused this in my spotify being tha...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

This song is not available

So I go to Spotify free and put up songs which I have played before, and get a message saying ' this song is not available. If you have the song on your computer you can import it'. What am I doing wrong, has anyone a fix for this. I see some people ...

• Visitor
  • So I go to Spotify free and put up songs which I have played before, and get a message saying ' this song is not available. If you have the song on your computer you can import it'. What am I doing w...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloading

I only see things like a1, b3, c4 when I download the songs. What am I doing wrong ??

• I only see things like a1, b3, c4 when I download the songs. What am I doing wrong ??
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Music saved on phone not syncing

Albums, Songs and playlists from my phone are not showing up on the Desktop app

• Albums, Songs and playlists from my phone are not showing up on the Desktop app
  • storytellerann
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify Desktop Windows CRASH

I try so hard to find out which is your support telephone number, couldnt find it.I thought i was checking in to a Mexico Community, so i guess not.I thought that i was going to find a solution quickly, i am going to need to wait to someone see this ...

• Casual Listener
  • I try so hard to find out which is your support telephone number, couldnt find it. I thought i was checking in to a Mexico Community, so i guess not. I thought that i was going to find a solution q...
  • _M-I-K-I_
  • Composer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Launches non-Minimized When Windows Starts

Although, in Settings, I have selected Spotify to launch minimized when Windows starts, it always launches non-minimized. Reinstalling Spotify did not resolve the issue.

• Music Fan
  • Although, in Settings, I have selected Spotify to launch minimized when Windows starts, it always launches non-minimized.  Reinstalling Spotify did not resolve the issue.
  • Erne011
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Unable to play music

Hello guys, first of all sorry, english is not my native language :). I am experiencing a very strang behavior (for the last 3 months or so) and I have tried almost everything to resolve it, but couldn't find a solution. My Pc is a custom build gamin...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello guys,   first of all sorry, english is not my native language :).   I am experiencing a very strang behavior (for the last 3 months or so) and I have tried almost everything to re...
  • Vakrid
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify ignoring start automatically option

Windows 10 machine. On two different machines, I have set the option "Open Spotify automatically after you log into the computer" to "No". Spotify continues to open automatically when the system is rebooted.

• Regular
  • Windows 10 machine. On two different machines, I have set the option "Open Spotify automatically after you log into the computer" to "No". Spotify continues to open automatically when the system is r...
  • Sean_Zurbrick
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify streaming problems on web player

When I play tracks they keep skipping and stopping on the web player. I'd stopped using the app itself because of this problem despite me uninstalling and reinstalling Spotify several times. Now it happens on the web player too. Is there a solution t...

• Casual Listener
  • When I play tracks they keep skipping and stopping on the web player.  I'd stopped using the app itself because of this problem despite me uninstalling and reinstalling Spotify several time...
  • hiber-nation
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify unexpectedly starts up at logon

I recently updated to Spotify version 1.0.58.573 and since downloading this version, I have noticed that Spotify takes it upon itself to automatically startup after I login to my computer even though, in the Spotify settings I do not have it set to s...

• Visitor
  • I recently updated to Spotify version 1.0.58.573 and since downloading this version, I have noticed that Spotify takes it upon itself to automatically startup after I login to my computer even though...
  • Redsoon
  • Casual Listener
  • 9 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Windows
  • 9 replies
  • 3 likes

Spotify crashes when another app uses internet bandwidth

[Windows 10 latest, 12bpm down, 1bpm up, ADSL2+ connection] I have done 2 fresh re-installs and this still happens. At first it appeared to be random, but now I think I've narrowed it down to times when another app is making a call on the internet ba...

• Visitor
  • [Windows 10 latest, 12bpm down, 1bpm up, ADSL2+ connection]   I have done 2 fresh re-installs and this still happens.  At first it appeared to be random, but now I think I've narrowed it ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Can't find Podcasts on Windows Desktop in Germany

Hey Spotify, as of https://community.spotify.com/t5/Implemented-Ideas/Desktop-Shows-Podcasts-and-Videos-on-Desktop/idi-p/1282315 there should be a podcast section in the desktop client but I cannot find it on my Windows Computer Desktop client versio...

• Hey Spotify, as of https://community.spotify.com/t5/Implemented-Ideas/Desktop-Shows-Podcasts-and-Videos-on-Desktop/idi-p/1282315 there should be a podcast section in the desktop client but I can...
  • jorgeflh
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes

Playlist won't let me rearrange songs

It doesn't allow me to put/drag a song above another. I want to arrange my playlist on what song comes first. Why is this?

• Visitor
  • It doesn't allow me to put/drag a song above another. I want to arrange my playlist on what song comes first. Why is this?
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Getting help from Spotify

Does anyone else paying £60 or £120 a year for Spotify service object to the fact that there is no proper assistance for subscribers struggling with service failures. I don't want to join a "community": I am (or was) a customer, not a citizen of some...

• Casual Listener
  • Does anyone else paying £60 or £120 a year for Spotify service object to the fact that there is no proper assistance for subscribers struggling with service failures. I don't want to join a "communit...
  • KatesHere
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Option to make Daily Mix only look at "Your Library"?

I am wondering if I can have the daily mix only look at songs I've saved in my library, and not songs I have streamed but not saved. If not, I would like to make a feature request.

• I am wondering if I can have the daily mix only look at songs I've saved in my library, and not songs I have streamed but not saved. If not, I would like to make a feature request.
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes