Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Spotify Bug] Clicking scroll bar loses current song selection

Solved!

[Spotify Bug] Clicking scroll bar loses current song selection

There is currently a bug in Spotify that has appeared in the last two weeks. Imagine you have a playlist with 1000 songs, and you have listened to roughly a quarter. I want to find out how many songs are left, so I click on the current song, scroll to the botton by dragging the scroll bar and shift + click the last song, then drag up. Normally, this would highlight as 750 songs selected.

However, in the last 2 weeks, this doesn't work. If I drag the scroll bar and shift + select the last song, it only shows the total number of songs in the playlist.

So it seems to lose the currently selected song when I use the scroll bar. In fact, if I go to any playlist and click the scroll bar, it loses my selection.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I can confirm this has been fixed at least a week ago. Will mark this as the solution but updating to the latest version will keep your selection when you click the scroll bar.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Any response to this? This is a regression in functionality.

I do it this way: 

1. Click the first song I want to select

2. Scroll down to last song I want to select (Using the scrollbar or whatever)

3. ctrl & shift & click the last song I want to select

---> those 2 songs and every single one in between is selected.

(Then you could just drag the selection to see the number of songs)

That's not the point. There's a regression in the functionality because now the scroll bar loses its selection. If you had a 4000 song playlist, then scrolling down to the bottom is a time wasting option as oppose to Spotify's previous functionality of using the scroll bar.

Hey, I just checked again, and you are totally right! Maybe I installed the latest version later than you, that's why it worked for me when I posted my first reply... 

I agree with you that this is a regression in functionality!

Marked as solution

I can confirm this has been fixed at least a week ago. Will mark this as the solution but updating to the latest version will keep your selection when you click the scroll bar.

Suggested posts