Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • darkyoda1138
  • Regular
  • 247 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 247 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Autoplaying similar songs does not work

Hi there,I have really strange problem. A few days ago spotify automatic instaled update on my laptop, since that, autoplaying has not worked, which is extremely annoying. None of my friends know what's wrong, so I hope someone here will help me.In o...

• Hi there, I have really strange problem. A few days ago spotify automatic instaled update on my laptop, since that, autoplaying has not worked, which is extremely annoying. None of my friends know w...
  • fransp
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! why don't spotify playlists have song lengths anymore?

Playlists no longer show the song lengths. I hope it's not a new spotify "feature" because it's a very bad idea. Knowing how long a song is, can often be quite useful and it's quite elementary that songs are accompanied with durations. I don't see th...

• Music Fan
  • Playlists no longer show the song lengths. I hope it's not a new spotify "feature" because it's a very bad idea. Knowing how long a song is, can often be quite useful and it's quite elementary t...
  • MorrisEigi
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Local Files disappearing?

Everytime I restart my PC/Boot it up, all my local files are missing from the 'Local Files' tab and removed from my playlist, is there a fix for it yet?

• Everytime I restart my PC/Boot it up, all my local files are missing from the 'Local Files' tab and removed from my playlist, is there a fix for it yet?
  • schuasda
  • 2 replies
  • 6 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 6 likes

No option to download music to laptop

I can download to my Iphone no problem (it couldn't be easier). I do not have the same option on my laytop - why? I have downloaded the spotify player but that does seem to have done anything.

• I can download to my Iphone no problem (it couldn't be easier). I do not have the same option on my laytop - why? I have downloaded the spotify player but that does seem to have done anything.
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[Bug][Windows] Podcast Ending will go start the one below it

When I am playing a podcast and the podcast ends, it always goes to the previous podcast regardless if if it played or not. Is there a way to make it so that the next in queue will automatically be the very next one? Instead of going to the previous ...

• Visitor
  • When I am playing a podcast and the podcast ends, it always goes to the previous podcast regardless if if it played or not. Is there a way to make it so that the next in queue will automatically be t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

"Auto play similar songs" doesn't work

Hi Using Spotify version 1.0.59.395 on windows 7.Even though the option in setting "Auto play similar songs when your music ends" is turn on, this doesn't work. It worked in the past and stopped. What can I do? Thanks

Untitled-123.jpg
  • Music Fan
  • Hi   Using Spotify version 1.0.59.395 on windows 7. Even though the option in setting "Auto play similar songs when your music ends" is turn on, this doesn't work. It worked in the past and s...
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes

Spotify starts automatically even though the setting says it shoudn't. How do I stop the auto-start?

Hi, During the last week or so, every time I turn on my computer (Acer laptop) Spotify opens automatically to the screen. It didn't do that before, and when I checked my Spotify settings, it says "when I sign in to my computer, start Spotify automati...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   During the last week or so, every time I turn on my computer (Acer laptop) Spotify opens automatically to the screen. It didn't do that before, and when I checked my Spotify settings, it...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Spotify Windows 10 App - Crashes when changing Local Files settings

I had to unininstall & reinstall the app last night due to it constantly trying to launch the migration exe file & failing. After reinstalling from the Windows Store, the app crashes if I try to change any of the sliders under "Local Files". If I try...

• Casual Listener
  • I had to unininstall & reinstall the app last night due to it constantly trying to launch the migration exe file & failing.   After reinstalling from the Windows Store, the app crashes...
  • JDAMIEN75
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

playlist shows as "Loading..."

i have 2 playlists that show "Loading..." andthey are effectively dead. cannot be deleted. select it and nothing happens.zombies....same behavior both on windows and adroid apps.

• Casual Listener
  • i have 2 playlists that show "Loading..." and they are effectively dead.  cannot be deleted.  select it and nothing happens. zombies.... same behavior both on windows and adroid apps. &...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Lake Street Drive - Bad Self Portraits - Distorted Sound

There is defintily something wrong with Lake Street Drive's Bad Self Portraits album. Multiple instances on different sound systems I've noticed bad distortion on the vocals. Listen to "Better Than". Please don't tell me it's my system, I have studio...

• Casual Listener
  • There is defintily something wrong with Lake Street Drive's Bad Self Portraits album. Multiple instances on different sound systems I've noticed bad distortion on the vocals. Listen to "Better Than"....
  • robcar1972
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

black screen when opening spotify help!!!

i have uninstalled and re-installed and so far all i get is a black screen nothing else comes up. anyone having this problem??? help!!!

• i have uninstalled and re-installed and so far all i get is a black screen nothing else comes up. anyone having this problem??? help!!!
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify crashes when downloading file from browser

Here's an interesting one. Running Spotify on Windows 10. Whenever I click a link to download a file in my browser (at least in Chrome and Firefox) Spotify crashes. No error message, nothing, just gone.

• Casual Listener
  • Here's an interesting one. Running Spotify on Windows 10.   Whenever I click a link to download a file in my browser (at least in Chrome and Firefox) Spotify crashes. No error message, nothing...
  • Rayz
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify not responding to media keys unless window is active

Two days ago Spotify stopped responding to all media key input unless the window is active. I have made no hardware or software changes, I have tried restarting the computer, I have tried logging out and back in, and I have tried doing a clean instal...

• Casual Listener
  • Two days ago Spotify stopped responding to all media key input unless the window is active.   I have made no hardware or software changes, I have tried restarting the computer, I have tried lo...
  • Caples
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Suggestions for Spotify

I think there should be a thread where the community of Spotify can suggest ways to improve the Service so hopefully moderators will have a singular thread to read sort of like a suggestion box. I think that spotify for PC should be able to -Delete r...

• Casual Listener
  • I think there should be a thread where the community of Spotify can suggest ways to improve the Service so hopefully moderators will have a singular thread to read sort of like a suggestion box. I th...
  • Vuduchilie3
  • 14 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 14 replies
  • 1 likes

Windows app 1.0.59.395.ge6ca9946 Crashes

I'm using the downloaded Windows app version 1.0.59.395.ge6ca9946 and I've recently come across a problem when using the app. If I try to save a file (not music, something like a Word doc) the app crashes as soon as the File Explorer opens. I've trie...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm using the downloaded Windows app version 1.0.59.395.ge6ca9946 and I've recently come across a problem when using the app. If I try to save a file (not music, something like a Word doc) the a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify don't work with external USB audio controller VMS4.1

Hi, I'm using external controller American Audio VMS4.1 as audio card. I can hear all from windows perfectly except Spotify. When I run it I only see Spotify trying to start every song from playlist but not passing from 00:00 second. Could you help m...

• Hi,   I'm using external controller American Audio VMS4.1 as audio card. I can hear all from windows perfectly except Spotify. When I run it I only see Spotify trying to start every song from ...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify using large amount of data on windows

Spotify is using over 9gb in my c:\users\username\appdata\local\spotify\data folder. it seems like this folder keeps growing. I don't have any music saving locally on my machine so not sure why it's grown so large. Would there be any downside if I st...

• Spotify is using over 9gb in my c:\users\username\appdata\local\spotify\data folder. it seems like this folder keeps growing. I don't have any music saving locally on my machine so not sure why it's ...
  • cmcarrizo
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Syncing local files via playlists / WiFi doesn't seem to work in Windows Store version of Spotify

I'm trying to sync my playlists to my Android phone (Galaxy S7). It has always worked but now after resetting my phone and switching to the Store version of Spotify, it doesn't. EDIT: After installing the traditional version, sync started working imm...

• Music Fan
  • I'm trying to sync my playlists to my Android phone (Galaxy S7). It has always worked but now after resetting my phone and switching to the Store version of Spotify, it doesn't.   EDIT: After ...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Search and Music info display issues

Hi, I really love Spotify, though I noticed a few really annoying bugs in your software. 1, The search issueI often search for specific songs in my own playlists (so not worldwide search) so I can listen to them instead of searching for them worldwid...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I really love Spotify, though I noticed a few really annoying bugs in your software.   1, The search issue I often search for specific songs in my own playlists (so not worldwide search) ...
  • gabor6505
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Listening history is cleaning after desktop app update

Hi, Could you please do something with this "feature" which causes cleaning the history and currently playing playlist marker after the update and restart the desktop application? Thanks in advance best regardsPeter.

• Hi,   Could you please do something with this "feature" which causes cleaning the history and currently playing playlist marker after the update and restart the desktop application? &nbs...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes