Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Community Manager
  • Community Manager
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes

FAQ: Spotify for Windows 10 app

Hey folks, we've outlined some of the common questions you might have about the Windows 10 app now available. Please post in this board if you have any other questions. Q: Why can’t I see Spotify in the Windows 10 store? A: Spotify for Windows store ...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes

Sharing music with people

I am trying to share music with friends on here. I can only do this with certain people who I am facebook friends with. I try to share with my boyfriend who is not on facebook, and I have no idea how to share using his spotify username. I do the norm...

• I am trying to share music with friends on here. I can only do this with certain people who I am facebook friends with. I try to share with my boyfriend who is not on facebook, and I have no idea how...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Posting Spotify URL or sharing to Facebook creates blank message

Hi there, when I post the url of a spotify playlist, it looks fine in the facebook preview and news feed but when the post goes 'live' this is what you see on the actual page. the workaround doesnt work for me. any suggestions? :

spotify.jpg
  • Casual Listener
  • Hi there, when I post the url of a spotify playlist, it looks fine in the facebook preview and news feed but when the post goes 'live' this is what you see on the actual page. the workaround ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Christmas as selectable Genre (not Radio)

First post, so pardon me if it's in the wrong place... I just got a strange craving to listen to some Christmas music (sorry!), but I noticed that Christmas isn't available as a selectable genre in Genres and Moods, and is only available in Radio. I ...

• First post, so pardon me if it's in the wrong place...   I just got a strange craving to listen to some Christmas music (sorry!), but I noticed that Christmas isn't available as a selectable...
  • bogdan111
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Windows
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes

Windows desktop and Android phone

Hello, Ok, I am new to Spotify so forgive me if I am posting in the wrong place. If my family is home listening from the Windows desktop and I am at the gym listening from my Android, either I shut them down at home completely or they shut me down at...

• Hello,   Ok, I am new to Spotify so forgive me if I am posting in the wrong place.   If my family is home listening from the Windows desktop and I am at the gym listening from my Androi...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Home Dept ad wont play, causes crash?

Hi I'm using Spotify on my Windows computer and Andriod GS5 and every time the Home Dept ad comes on there is no sound and I am not able to change the song or use the pause/ play button. When I push pause/ play I am given the message of 'you can cont...

• Hi I'm using Spotify on my Windows computer and Andriod GS5 and every time the Home Dept ad comes on there is no sound and I am not able to change the song or use the pause/ play button. When I pus...
  • rifandaizm
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Some albums don't show up on artist page

I've noticed that on some artist pages spotify doesn't show all albums, but if you search for the album title you'll find it. For example if you go to Eminems artist page you can see the edited version of "Recovery" but the unedited version is no whe...

• I've noticed that on some artist pages spotify doesn't show all albums, but if you search for the album title you'll find it. For example if you go to Eminems artist page you can see the edited versi...
  • BoatGoat
  • Music Fan
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! I don't want anyone to find my account.

Hey, i just don't want people to follow me. I also don't want them to see who i follow or my playlists. What can i do?

• Hey, i just don't want people to follow me. I also don't want them to see who i follow or my playlists. What can i do?
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Bought gift subscription: reciever has not been notified

Five days ago I ordered Spotify as a gift for someone. I paid for it by credit card online, and received a receipt from Spotify. But the gift recipient as yet to receive any notification, and so has not yet been able to sign up for the service. Pleas...

• Casual Listener
  • Five days ago I ordered Spotify as a gift for someone.  I paid for it by credit card online, and received a receipt from Spotify.  But the gift recipient as yet to receive any notification,...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Need help with Ports behind a firewall

Hi, I'm a uni student and the dorms have a firewall which is very annoying. I can log in to the desktop client but I can only play the music that is saved for offline playing. To make a request to open ports for something, I need to send my Network A...

• Music Fan
  • Hi, I'm a uni student and the dorms have a firewall which is very annoying. I can log in to the desktop client but I can only play the music that is saved for offline playing.   To make a re...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify via Link starten

Hallo, ich bin gerdade dabei den Clan-Teamspeak zu desingen etc. Da würde mir der Wunsch zugetragen, dass ich bitte einfache Links einfügen soll, über die man dann direkt bei Spotify (Das Programm, nicht die Webseite) zu einer Playlist geleitet wird....

• Casual Listener
  • Hallo, ich bin gerdade dabei den Clan-Teamspeak zu desingen etc. Da würde mir der Wunsch zugetragen, dass ich bitte einfache Links einfügen soll, über die man dann direkt bei Spotify (Das Programm,...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How do I update or reset my local files list?

I have this huge mp3 database, and I'm listening to it, music by music, updating tags and deleting any "not wanted anymore" mp3. However, a few weeks ago spotify stopped to automaticaly update my "local files" list. Each time I delete an mp3, I have ...

• I have this huge mp3 database, and I'm listening to it, music by music, updating tags and deleting any "not wanted anymore" mp3. However, a few weeks ago spotify stopped to automaticaly update my "lo...
  • Caldersj
  • Casual Listener
  • 26 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 26 replies
  • 1 likes

Playlists differ

Hi, I've had a "temporary" playlist for years that I constently updates by adding I need to listen to and it constantly growing even though I constantly delete songs. But I have just discovered that it dosn't work as before. I use Spotify daily on my...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I've had a "temporary" playlist for years that I constently updates by adding I need to listen to and it constantly growing even though I constantly delete songs. But I have ...
  • entx
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Error Code 11 & 13

I've read a ton of threads on error code 11 & code 13, tried all the solutions - nothing works. There was only one thread in which it seemed like the guy has the exact same issue as me - code 13 appears when trying to install with the default setup, ...

• Casual Listener
  • I've read a ton of threads on error code 11 & code 13, tried all the solutions - nothing works.   There was only one thread in which it seemed like the guy has the exact same issue as me...
  • AmandaBC
  • Casual Listener
  • 13 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 13 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Save Button Not Working

After a recent update the Save button no longer works. I click Save on an album and the icon for each track doesn't change. When I check "Your Music" the album is not there. Has anyone else come across this?

• After a recent update the Save button no longer works.  I click Save on an album and the icon for each track doesn't change.  When I check "Your Music" the album is not there.  Has any...
  • alcumming
  • Casual Listener
  • 23 replies
  • 10 likes
  • Windows
  • 23 replies
  • 10 likes

Help, Unsupported file not playing

Looked up an Album (specifically Artist 3, Album The End has Begun) on spotify. Had no issues locating the music, however, no matter what song I request to play, it keeps giving me an error message saying "File is Unsupported" and sends me to the Spo...

• Looked up an Album (specifically Artist 3, Album The End has Begun) on spotify. Had no issues locating the music, however, no matter what song I request to play, it keeps giving me an error message s...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Inaccurate results when searching by genre

Hello, I`m not sure if this has been flagged already. It happens on both client and web players. When searching by genre some obvious strings don`t give any results. Example genre:"Heavy Metal" even thou it is present in the genre list. Contrary genr...

Screen 2.JPG Screen 1.JPG
  • Casual Listener
  • Hello,   I`m not sure if this has been flagged already.   It happens on both client and web players.   When searching by genre some obvious strings don`t give any results. ...
  • Svuio
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

All songs are being played TWICE AS FAST - speed change??

Hello, couldn't find anything appropriate on the forums yet. I opened Spotify today, just like everytime else, but today, all songs are messed up. Spotify plays them to me with twice the speed as usual. What could I do? Where is the option to edit th...

• Music Fan
  • Hello,   couldn't find anything appropriate on the forums yet. I opened Spotify today, just like everytime else, but today, all songs are messed up. Spotify plays them to me with twice the...
  • stevenwtomahawk
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Anyone know how to fix error code 13 when trying to install spotify?

I uninstalled Spotify recently and when I attempted to reinstall I get error code 13. I've tried saving the instal exe file and running as administrator but that doesn't work either. Anyone know what error code 13 actually is??

• Regular
  • I uninstalled Spotify recently and when I attempted to reinstall I get error code 13. I've tried saving the instal exe file and running as administrator but that doesn't work either. Anyone know what...
  • Manish007
  • 17 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 17 replies
  • 1 likes

How can I set up my keyboard hotkeys?

Hi all, so I tried looking around to see if anybody had the same problem but I couldn't find anything. I use Spotify everywhere... but when I listen to music in my desktop (iTunes, for example), I use my keyboard's hotkeys to go to the next song. I h...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi all,   so I tried looking around to see if anybody had the same problem but I couldn't find anything. I use Spotify everywhere... but when I listen to music in my desktop (iTunes, for exa...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Need help on configuring port for university network

When I returned back to my campus yesterday, I found out that my accomodation hall blocked Spotify on their firewall. Now I have to request for a port opening to resume Spotify's service. I have found many posts regarding to configuring ports, howeve...

REQUEST FOR PORT OPENING
  • Casual Listener
  • When I returned back to my campus yesterday, I found out that my accomodation hall blocked Spotify on their firewall. Now I have to request for a port opening to resume Spotify's service. I have foun...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes