Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • SaylorDustin
  • Casual Listener
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • cour10e22
  • Regular
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

How to dislike a song in Discover Weekly?

What's the best way to indicate to Spotify that I don't like a song they've suggested in playlists such as Discover Weekly, so that it hopefully doesn't suggest as many songs like that in future? There's no simple like / dislike system, so the only w...

• What's the best way to indicate to Spotify that I don't like a song they've suggested in playlists such as Discover Weekly, so that it hopefully doesn't suggest as many songs like that in future? The...
  • 0 replies
  • 58 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 58 likes

Trouble adding a Playlist to a Playlist Folder

Under Playlists, I am not able to add a playlist to a playlist folder I created. When I drag a playlist onto the playlist folder a + sign appears but the playlist does not become part of the playlist folder. Please let me know what I can do different...

• Under Playlists, I am not able to add a playlist to a playlist folder I created.  When I drag a playlist onto the playlist folder a + sign appears but the playlist does not become part of the pl...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! filter in playlist desktop and web player

how can i search an artist in myu own playlist if i have more than 150 songs, in andriod and ios it has an filter so why its not in desktop and web player? thanks!

• Visitor
  • how can i search an artist in myu own playlist if i have more than 150 songs, in andriod and ios it has an filter so why its not in desktop and web player?     thanks!
  • 1withthefreaks
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Bad performance of UWP app on Surface Book

The UWP app is performing much worse than the Windows desktop Win32 app. The lag is especially apparent when moving/resizing/maximizing the application window. Also, the UI seems slow and not enjoyable to use. I would like to see either substantial i...

• Casual Listener
  • The UWP app is performing much worse than the Windows desktop Win32 app. The lag is especially apparent when moving/resizing/maximizing the application window. Also, the UI seems slow and not enjoyab...
  • drhannibal
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

How does the numbers work on Popular songs by an artist?

Hello This one has bothered me a bit and I can't figure it out. Dumb question maybe, but how does the Top 10 list by an artist work? I mean how does the numbers work that are shown below the title of a song? One song with 323,699 clicks or whatever, ...

James Brown example
  • Visitor
  • Hello   This one has bothered me a bit and I can't figure it out. Dumb question maybe, but how does the Top 10 list by an artist work? I mean how does the numbers work that are shown below t...
  • sad_machine
  • Casual Listener
  • 10 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Windows
  • 10 replies
  • 5 likes

Local Files Get Deleted

For some odd reason, Spotify keeps deleting my Local Files. Why. If you want people to come to Spotify, why delete their local files, over and over again? Spotify promised the ability to listen to music not on it, and yet it failed to deliver in my l...

• Regular
  • For some odd reason, Spotify keeps deleting my Local Files. Why. If you want people to come to Spotify, why delete their local files, over and over again? Spotify promised the ability to listen to mu...
  • HikaruNevermore
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Email Notifications

I stopped recieving email notificaitons of all types near the end of 2016. My account still has email notificaitons turned on and the correct email address on file. Did these get discontinued along with the notificaitons in the desktop app?

• Casual Listener
  • I stopped recieving email notificaitons of all types near the end of 2016.  My account still has email notificaitons turned on and the correct email address on file. Did these get discontinued a...
  • RyMarie
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

my local files

I recently knocked down my external harddrive so i cant access my local files now cause of it. But the files shows though in spotify where it says local files but i cant play them. I also took away the source temporarily but the local files shows any...

• Regular
  • I recently knocked down my external harddrive so i cant access my local files now cause of it. But the files shows though in spotify where it says local files but i cant play them. I also took away t...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs won't show in "Songs"

When I click in "Songs" it doesnt show my songs, I have like 300+ songs.Instead it shows"Your favorite songs will appear here. Go to your Browse page to find amazing playlists for every mood and moment"I already tried cleaning cache (with CCleaner) a...

• When I click in "Songs" it doesnt show my songs, I have like 300+ songs. Instead it shows "Your favorite songs will appear here. Go to your Browse page to find amazing playlists for every...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

My Downloaded Playlists and Songs Got Undownloaded!

I was about to listen to my playlists when I opened my Spotify (Windows) App and noticed that the little green circle, which indicated that they are already downloaded, wasn't showing. Then I went to each and every single playlists to check, and to m...

Sp1.jpg Sp2.jpg Sp3.jpg
  • Casual Listener
  • I was about to listen to my playlists when I opened my Spotify (Windows) App and noticed that the little green circle, which indicated that they are already downloaded, wasn't showing. Then I went to...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Easy randomization to prevent [ . . . ]

@tjh5wp made the complaint >> [ . . . . . ] << @brandynhazelton showed the way to remedy--Simply put your combined playlists, up to 150,000 tracks if you want, into a simple Excel workbook that looks like this. You click that one [Sort A to Z] button...

ActualShuffle.jpg
  • Roadie
  •   @tjh5wp made the complaint             >> [ . . . . . ] <<     @brandynhazelton showed the way to remedy-- Simply put your comb...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Re: Inbox and messages

I do all my listening on desktop. Maybe it's different for the UK.

• Roadie
  • I do all my listening on desktop. Maybe it's different for the UK.
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

I just wanted to say that the messages feature was one of the best parts of Spotify and something that really set this application apart. I think one of Spotify's goals is to make it easier to find new music hence the ability to constantly change to ...

• I just wanted to say that the messages feature was one of the best parts of Spotify and something that really set this application apart. I think one of Spotify's goals is to make it easier to find n...
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Help on Spotify

The help button (Help-Spotify Help) doesn't work on the latest Desktop version.

• Visitor
  • The help button (Help-Spotify Help) doesn't work on the latest Desktop version.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify is crashing, changing my laptop resolution and colors on download?

Hello all, My laptop running on Windows 7 through work. Everytime I download Spotify, it crashes, zooms in on my screen, flashes a black screen, and changes the color resolution and picture overrall. It makes my computer unusable almost. I had Spotif...

• Hello all,   My laptop running on Windows 7 through work. Everytime I download Spotify, it crashes, zooms in on my screen, flashes a black screen, and changes the color resolution and pic...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

@jazzyjez wrote:@tlh119 30 seconds of music? That's strange. I've had no problems at all. Troubleshoot?@jazzyjez I have verified with Deezer customer support that Cricket Wireless subscriptions only have Premium featues on the phone. That will not wo...

• Music Fan
  • @jazzyjez wrote: @tlh119 30 seconds of music? That's strange. I've had no problems at all. Troubleshoot? @jazzyjez I have verified with Deezer customer support that Cricket Wireless subscriptio...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

cannot install Spotify Desktop for windows 10

The install says just Unknown Error. Error code 53.Could you help me please?

• Casual Listener
  • The install says just Unknown Error. Error code 53. Could you help me please?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

my iphone will not sync

This has started happening since a recent ios app update.The desktop app shows the iphone in devices but it will not sync. When I click on it it says sync with this device (despite having found the device)what is wrong?My desktop app is ver 0.9.15.7 ...

• Gig Goer
  • This has started happening since a recent ios app update. The desktop app shows the iphone in devices but it will not sync. When I click on it it says sync with this device (despite having found the...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Incorrect Song Listings

Hello, I'm reporting incorrect songs being listed for the album 'The Redesigned Originals, Recorded by The Free Design (1967-70)', 2006.This should be a collection of remixed versions of the original tracks by The Free Design, but instead the origina...

• Hello, I'm reporting incorrect songs being listed for the album 'The Redesigned Originals, Recorded by The Free Design (1967-70)', 2006. This should be a collection of remixed versions of the origin...
  • toman95
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Discover recommendations gone on desktop version

Hi allI don't have any recommendations under the discover tab on my desktop version, it is there on my android phone. I use this daily and am quite fustrated, I having to do a workaround by using my phone to controll the PC version.PC version: 1.0.60...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi all I don't have any recommendations under the discover tab on my desktop version, it is there on my android phone. I use this daily and am quite fustrated, I having to do a workaround by us...
  • jimelevens
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes