Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • crawford13x
  • Regular
  • 60 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 60 replies
  • 21 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • rossisdead
  • Roadie
  • 240 replies
  • 20 likes
  • 240 replies
  • 20 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Media Keys do not function when Spotify is not in Focus (App & Program)

This just happened Last night at some point to me...The Media Keys on my keyboard (Razr BlackWidow 2014 Ultimate Edition) will not function when Spotify is not in focus (which is really annoying for a StarCraft Player as you can imagine) Now, Ive don...

• Casual Listener
  • This just happened Last night at some point to me... The Media Keys on my keyboard (Razr BlackWidow 2014 Ultimate Edition) will not function when Spotify is not in focus (which is really annoying ...
  • mstaessen
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Autoplay enabled, but music stops after album anyway. (Windows PC)

In settings, I have the autoplay enabled (see image). Still, for the last week or so, the music stops when an album from my library has played through. The autoplay function works fine after playlists, but it does not work with albums anymore. Is it ...

• Casual Listener
  • In settings, I have the autoplay enabled (see image). Still, for the last week or so, the music stops when an album from my library has played through. The autoplay function works fine after playlist...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify program freezes, as well as my PC on startup

Hello, I'd like to ask for some help. Whenever I try opening Spotify on my Dell laptop (Windows 10, 4G RAM), the program freezes. My laptop also freezes, causing me to force a reboot by pressing the power button. Any idea on how to resolve this? Than...

• Hello, I'd like to ask for some help.   Whenever I try opening Spotify on my Dell laptop (Windows 10, 4G RAM), the program freezes. My laptop also freezes, causing me to force a reboot by pres...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Adding a song to my songs that's playing on discover weekly switches the now playing

On the windows desktop app. Adding a song that's playing on Discover Weekly switches out of Discover Weekly playlist, so once the song is over, it continues playing from my songs rather than from the Discover Weekly playlist.

• On the windows desktop app.   Adding a song that's playing on Discover Weekly switches out of Discover Weekly playlist, so once the song is over, it continues playing from my songs rather than...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

No song plays, only says that "this song is unavaiable"

When I click on any song in either the windows 10 app or the desktop version no songwill play and then a blue bar across the top of the screen reads "This song is not available. If you have the file on your computer please import it." I am however ab...

• Casual Listener
  • When I click on any song in either the windows 10 app or the desktop version no songwill play and then a blue bar across the top of the screen reads "This song is not available. If you have the file ...
  • xianvox
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't Drag and Drop Songs Into Playlists

I seem to be unable to drag and drop songs into my playlists, and I can't rearrange the songs that are already in the playlists. I'm pretty annoyed at this, as I am constantly making and re-doing my playlists. Please help!

• Casual Listener
  • I seem to be unable to drag and drop songs into my playlists, and I can't rearrange the songs that are already in the playlists. I'm pretty annoyed at this, as I am constantly making and re-doing my ...
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Downloading Songs On PC

I have Spotify Premium and I can't find the "Download" button for my "Songs". I have a Windows 8 laptop. I have tried everything to find it. There is a "Download" button for my playlists though. It makes no sense. Help?

• Casual Listener
  • I have Spotify Premium and I can't find the "Download" button for my "Songs". I have a Windows 8 laptop. I have tried everything to find it. There is a "Download" button for my playlists though. It m...
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify goes offline randomly

I've been having this problem for sometime and I can't seem to find the answer.I'm listening to a song and Spotify goes offline even thou I have an active internet connection (See attachment).

• Roadie
  • I've been having this problem for sometime and I can't seem to find the answer. I'm listening to a song and Spotify goes offline even thou I have an active internet connection (See attachment).
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Deleting Local Files from Spotify

I was wondering how you could delete local files from spotify. All my files from iTunes have been added to the 'Local Files' area without me even wanting them there. However, I can't delete them, nothing seems to work. I tried pressing delete, moving...

• I was wondering how you could delete local files from spotify. All my files from iTunes have been added to the 'Local Files' area without me even wanting them there. However, I can't delete them, not...
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Strange clicking noise

So here's the problem. Every time a new track starts, there's an audible click/pop noise before the music starts. Sometimes it's louder, sometimes it's super quiet, but it's always there and it's slowly driving me crazy. I searched for a solution onl...

• Casual Listener
  • So here's the problem. Every time a new track starts, there's an audible click/pop noise before the music starts. Sometimes it's louder, sometimes it's super quiet, but it's always there and it's slo...
  • Jacob
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify local files bugged

I had spotify premium, I didnt get it for a while, and now I bought but I had a song in my local files before. Now it says I need to import the music and there is also a spotify song stuck in my "Local Files". I can't delete and I didnt import it, I ...

• Casual Listener
  • I had spotify premium, I didnt get it for a while, and now I bought but I had a song in my local files before. Now it says I need to import the music and there is also a spotify song stuck in my "Loc...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files

¿Como consigo que desaparezcan los "local files" una vez que he desactivado su visibilidad en las opciones de la Cuenta?

• Casual Listener
  • ¿Como consigo que desaparezcan los "local files" una vez que he desactivado su visibilidad en las opciones de la Cuenta?
  • Uratelo
  • Gig Goer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify keeps closing/crashing randomly?

Hi Spotify forums, Just today i've been having problems with spotify, I start to listen to some music and a minute or so in the program decides to close randomly.... as a result I have started using spotify in my web browser. As far as I am aware im ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi Spotify forums,   Just today i've been having problems with spotify, I start to listen to some music and a minute or so in the program decides to close randomly.... as a result I have sta...
  • FandA91
  • Casual Listener
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists

Hello, I have a big problem:I wanted to install Spotify on my pc (windows), but after signing in it didn 't load my playlists and songs...I found a guide, and it told me to redownload Spotify on my mobile device(Samsung),but when I signed in again, t...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I have a big problem: I wanted to install Spotify on my pc (windows), but after signing in it didn 't load my playlists and songs... I found a guide, and it told me to redownload Spotif...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Song don't play when I click them

Spotify username: LikeilinYour device: PCYour device's operating system: Windows 10The Spotify version installed: The latest as of 7/8/17. Uninstalled/reinstalled twice. Then tried installing an earlier version of 1.7 (per a related thread). Premium ...

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify username: Likeilin Your device: PC Your device's operating system: Windows 10 The Spotify version installed:  The latest as of 7/8/17.  Uninstalled/reinstalled twice.  Then ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

download of local files

hi, so, i alway did m synchronizations on my PC, and i would always work well. But now that i got a notebook they appear my phone but the files don't start to download. I've tried disabling the firewall, re-installing the spotify app in my desktop bu...

• hi, so, i alway did m synchronizations on my PC, and i would always work well. But now that i got a notebook they appear my phone but the files don't start to download. I've tried disabling&nbsp...
  • Uratelo
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify will not stop opening automaticaly - Win 7

This malware-like behavior started a few days ago. Spotify has decided it will automatically open each time Windows 7 (64bit) boots up. Yes, I've gone into Advanced Settings and turned off auto-open (it was never turned on). Yes, I've completely unin...

• Music Fan
  • This malware-like behavior started a few days ago.  Spotify has decided it will automatically open each time Windows 7 (64bit) boots up.   Yes, I've gone into Advanced Settings and turned...
  • shokosamurai
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

only downloading the song i listen to

hello is it possible to make spotify to download the songs i listen to as they are being streamed?I do not wish it to download all the song at once just the song i listen to at that time. They have this function on mobile and i wonder if they got it ...

• hello is it possible to make spotify to download the songs i listen to as they are being streamed? I do not wish it to download all the song at once just the song i listen to at that time.  Th...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes