Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't share songs anymore?

Can't share songs anymore?

Ive always been able to share songs to my followers on spotify, has this changed in the last year or so? I usually just click "share" and then just click the "share"-button, but when i try to do so i can't click the button, its faded. Does anyone know what's up with this?

Sincerely

Capture2.PNG
15 Replies

Hi there, you just need to pick up a social network where you want to share the track. 

Look at the bottom left, below the text box: Post to: Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr - check your choice/s and you will share it!

MartinStoichkovSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Yeah this is a crappy change for sure. I dont want to share on Facebook or social. Im going to share way less music, if any at all now.

This is exactly the same for me. I do not and will not use facebook, twitter or whatever, I just want to be able to share a single song to a single person and want to receive his shared songs.

Hey @Nelemania and @Nathan2007 thanks for posting! 

This is an old thread, but if you're asking about the inbox, please leave your feedback in this thread, or vote for this idea, thanks! : )

MartinStoichkovSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

What these people have not mentioned to you is that SPOTIFY REMOVED THAT FEATURE!!!!!

Yes, it was a stupid move!  Yes, people are pissed!

Let them know how you feel 

this change means that I will never share music from spotify because i have no desire to broadcast to social media. It cuts off the network of friends/followers that used to share music together. what a stupid change.

C'mon spotify what is going on?  I don't want to share it on social media.  Why can't i share it directly with people that are following me anymore?

Whoever made this decision wasn't thinking.  

I AM DEEPLY DISSAPOINTED BY THIS. just found out about this, i've been trying to share songs i thought i haven't updated app or something. this sucks **bleep**, really, Spotify. why did you make this sort of change?

Trying to share songs with my friends inside Spotify and discovered that I cannot. I do not wish to share music via social media. I liked the fact that I could send music inside the application. This change doesn't make much sense. Why would I have to share music to social media from inside of a program that is all about listening and sharing music? I have followers that I don't deal(or want to deal with) on social media and this change really messes with my vibe. Spotify is killing my vibe, and we know how that goes.

Try going to the artist or album! Worked for me.

But I agree bad decision by Spotify not all of us have or want social media.

I'll give it a shot. Thanks.

I'll give it a shot. Thanks.

Didn't work to go directly to the artist or album. SUPER LAME SPOTIFY!!  Bring back sharing through the Spotify app. This was one of app's main favorite features!!! 

I have a premium family account and want us to be able to share songs directly with my family since we follow each other using Spotify. Why can't I just share a song with someone who follows me? If Spotify is stating we need to post on a social media platform that is a non-starter for us. Why would you take away functionality from users paying for a subscription?!

Why don't you just make your special playlists "Public"?  And then your friends can "Follow" those special playlists which will appear on your "Profile".

Will that work for you?

Suggested posts