Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • crawford13x
  • Regular
  • 71 replies
  • 24 likes
  • 71 replies
  • 24 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Ytse
  • Casual Listener
  • 256 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 256 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Solved!! Spots doesn't install on Windows 10 *error code 18*

I saw a 4 page thread with this error code and no mod or anyone associated with Spotify even replied. So here goes pissing into the wind. I unistalled Spots...using Windows 10....then went to install it. During the installatin process I get Error Cod...

• I saw a 4 page thread with this error code and no mod or anyone associated with Spotify even replied.   So here goes pissing into the wind.     I unistalled Spots...using Windows 1...
  • shanesterdfw
  • 43 replies
  • 11 likes
  • Windows
  • 43 replies
  • 11 likes

Lost my Login/email

Hi guys.I lost my email and Login cause i've changed my phone. How can i recover my account ?I have my Credit Card and my Personal Number from Brazil (CPF)I have tried the Support on Facebook/Twitter but they doesn't answer me.Thank you for the atten...

• Visitor
  • Hi guys. I lost my email and Login cause i've changed my phone. How can i recover my account ? I have my Credit Card and my Personal Number from Brazil (CPF) I have tried the Support on Facebook/T...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Looking for my play History of songs that weren't in playlist!

hiI started my playlist recently and after spotify was through with it, it played some songs that I just loved but since I was in the car I couldnt check them etc. 1 Song though was soo great that after it was done I tried to replay it but couldnt go...

• Casual Listener
  • hi I started my playlist recently and after spotify was through with it, it played some songs that I just loved but since I was in the car I couldnt check them etc. 1 Song though was soo great that ...
  • MauriceMV
  • Spotify Star
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Last.fm blocked

Hello guys, here's the thing: from my workplace for unknown reasons scrobbling via Last.fm is not working, and since I work 8 hours using my laptop I always listen to a lot of music, pretty much all day, and I can't see it on my last.fm profile.I kno...

• Hello guys, here's the thing: from my workplace for unknown reasons scrobbling via Last.fm is not working, and since I work 8 hours using my laptop I always listen to a lot of music, pretty much all ...
  • Nightdevil
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Search function does not work in playlists

When pressing ctrl+F to search a song in a playlist, this just does not work at all.See the screenshots below. I have a list with some music of Nino Rota, But if I type Nino, or even Nino Rota, I get 0 results, even when I use a word from in the titl...

21057046_10210223546571178_1639311803_o.png 21057723_10210223545851160_1855752905_o.png 21082080_10210223549011239_557004807_o.png
  • Casual Listener
  • When pressing ctrl+F to search a song in a playlist, this just does not work at all. See the screenshots below. I have a list with some music of Nino Rota, But if I type Nino, or even Nino Rota, I g...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Error code 408 Canada - No changes to profile or physical location

Hi guys, I used to use spotify a lot but ever since I started getting that error sign i have abandoned it. It was very sudden.... I get that error sign while ntrying to access it IN CANADA and my profile says CANADA. What am I doing wrong???? Please ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi guys,   I used to use spotify a lot but ever since I started getting that error sign i have abandoned it. It was very sudden.... I get that error sign while ntrying to access it IN CANADA a...
  • jkhoury
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't play the current ..

Spotify keeps giving me the error "Can't play the current song" starts and stops. My downloaded playlist work fine. Also have been unable to download any new songs. Have tried all potentail fixed in the community with hardware acceleration, cross fad...

• Spotify keeps giving me the error "Can't play the current song" starts and stops. My downloaded playlist work fine. Also have been unable to download any new songs. Have tried all potentail fixed in ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

How to disable the Tray Icon notification each time a new song starts?

Each time a new song starts in the Windows version, the tray icon shows a notification, which remains for a considerable time and frequently disturbs the use of other softwares (since it covers a large part of the corner of the screen ...).How can I ...

• Roadie
  • Each time a new song starts in the Windows version, the tray icon shows a notification, which remains for a considerable time and frequently disturbs the use of other softwares (since it covers a lar...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle = "This is: ___"

Hello! I've recently experienced a really annoying thing when i try to shuffle play an artist. Whenever i hit shuffle, spotify will play things like related artists or other bands consisting of similar members. Seems to be playing from a "This is: "A...

• Hello! I've recently experienced a really annoying thing when i try to shuffle play an artist. Whenever i hit shuffle, spotify will play things like related artists or other bands consisting of simil...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't get local files from computer to laptop

I have spotify premium, on my pc, iphone and laptopWhen i put local files into a playlist (from pc), it automatically loads the local files into my mobile playlist, however this is not the case when im on my laptop.My question is: why??

• I have spotify premium, on my pc, iphone and laptop When i put local files into a playlist (from pc), it automatically loads the local files into my mobile playlist, however this is not the case whe...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How to login when Facebook is banned at work.

My account is linked to Facebook, I'd like to keep it that way.I'd like to start using my work laptop to listen to Spotify, instead of my phone but work blocks all social media including Facebook and my credentials are through Facebook. Is there a wa...

• My account is linked to Facebook, I'd like to keep it that way. I'd like to start using my work laptop to listen to Spotify, instead of my phone but work blocks all social media including Facebook...
  • MauriceMV
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! using Spotify in Thailand

hello, does anyone out there know if I can access my spotify playlists when I am in Thailand? Thanks, Rob

• hello, does anyone out there know if I can access my spotify playlists when I am in Thailand? Thanks,  Rob
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Not all followed Podcast are shown in win10 desktop app

I'm following 2 podcasts, both of them are show on my android phone under >library > Podcasts. In de Windows 10 desktop App only one is shown in >library > Podcasts (no filters enabled and after multiple restarts of spotify app en pc). When i search ...

• I'm following 2 podcasts, both of them are show on my android phone under >library > Podcasts. In de Windows 10 desktop App only one is shown in >library > Podcasts (no filters enabl...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Cant install spotify on win7 (and compatability tshooter doesn't help)

Got a new work PC running Win7 enterprise Sp1. Downloaded spotify installer - double click and I get the error: Think OK -n need admin to write those files/folders so switch to admin account and get the error: My old work PC had Win 7 enterprise SP1 ...

spotifytry1.PNG spotifyc22.PNG
  • Casual Listener
  • Got a new work PC running Win7 enterprise Sp1.  Downloaded spotify installer - double click and I get the error:    Think OK -n need admin to write those files/folders so switch ...
  • HetzeFetze
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Reinstalling Spotify without needing to redownload songs

So I want to be able to reinstall spotify without having my already downloaded songs deleted and having to redownload them again. How do I go about that? Thanks.

• Casual Listener
  • So I want to be able to reinstall spotify without having my already downloaded songs deleted and having to redownload them again. How do I go about that?   Thanks.
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Local files refuse to play/import

I have a fewMP3 files and they're refusing to play on Spotify. I can access them through the "open containing folder" selection, however every time I select them to open with Spotify, it tells me the file is not available and if I have it on my compu...

• Music Fan
  • I have a fewMP3 files and they're refusing to play on Spotify.  I can access them through the "open containing folder" selection, however every time I select them to open with Spotify, it tells ...
  • bjmartel423
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

How to report a bug on spotify

What is the proper channel for reporting a bug on the spotify tool on various platforms. Posting an issue in this forum does not seem to be the right way?

• Roadie
  • What is the proper channel for reporting a bug on the spotify tool on various platforms. Posting an issue in this forum does not seem to be the right way?  
  • bosi
  • Roadie
  • 7 replies
  • 8 likes
  • Windows
  • 7 replies
  • 8 likes

Downloaded playlists keep deleting

I've been using my Windows version of Spotify for quite a while now, but a reoccuring issue I keep having is that my downloaded playlists keep deleting. Or the download button is turned to off, so it deletes all my music. This is really annoying and ...

• I've been using my Windows version of Spotify for quite a while now, but a reoccuring issue I keep having is that my downloaded playlists keep deleting. Or the download button is turned to off, so it...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Repeat a playlist ?

Hi, Is there a way to have a playlist repeat itself...for instance when last song has finished it wouls start again at the top of the list that just ended?Regards.K.

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,           Is there a way to have a playlist repeat itself...for instance when last song has finished it wouls start again at the top of the list that...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes