Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • crawford13x
  • Regular
  • 60 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 60 replies
  • 21 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • rossisdead
  • Roadie
  • 240 replies
  • 20 likes
  • 240 replies
  • 20 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Can't find any friends with "Find Friends"

I can find my friends by searching but I can't see them in the "Find Friends" menu. Also they can't follow me. How do I fix this?

• Regular
  • I can find my friends by searching but I can't see them in the "Find Friends" menu. Also they can't follow me. How do I fix this?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Music Cover

Hi,I created a playlist full my musics of my computer, the problem is that I don't have good covers or covers, I have an album cover but in my musics it's not that cover.

• Hi, I created a playlist full my musics of my computer, the problem is that I don't have good covers or covers, I have an album cover but in my musics it's not that cover.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify closes when I download a file with google chrome

So when I want to download a file in Google Chrome, for some reason it triggers to shutdown Spotify. So when it opens the dialog where I can save the file spotify shutsdown all the time. Doesnt matter on what website, or what kind of file it is. I tr...

• Visitor
  • So when I want to download a file in Google Chrome, for some reason it triggers to shutdown Spotify. So when it opens the dialog where I can save the file spotify shutsdown all the time. Doesnt matte...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 10 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Windows
  • 10 replies
  • 5 likes

How to refresh a playlist?

Well I am subscribed to the Monstercat Playlist and every 3 days in a week a new song comes and once they uploaded a song to their playlist the problem is I can't see it and when I can it says the song was uploaded to the playlist 3 days ago or even ...

• Casual Listener
  • Well I am subscribed to the Monstercat Playlist and every 3 days in a week a new song comes and once they uploaded a song to their playlist the problem is I can't see it and when I can it says the so...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Error 17

Being a premium family user for half year and the error code 17 continues to appear as the desktop programe tries to update itself. Been trying to fix it trough different suggestions,disabling the update process, downloading full installer and numero...

• Being a premium family user for half year and the error code 17 continues to appear as the desktop programe tries to update itself. Been trying to fix it trough different suggestions,disabling the up...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify skips to the first track of album/playlist when pressing play on any specific song..

Ever since the new update a few days ago, my Spotify player is acting rather weird. Doesn't matter what album or playlist I am listening to. If I hover my mouse cursor over any specific track on the list and click on the play button that appears next...

• Casual Listener
  • Ever since the new update a few days ago, my Spotify player is acting rather weird.   Doesn't matter what album or playlist I am listening to. If I hover my mouse cursor over any specific trac...
  • ngEdwin
  • 13 replies
  • 7 likes
  • Windows
  • 13 replies
  • 7 likes

Desktop app crashes when I download things in Chrome

Lately whenever I start a download in Chrome, the Spotify app crashes. I am using the desktop application, not the web player, so there shouldn't be any interaction between the two. The music doesn't just stop, the entire Spotify application just imm...

• Music Fan
  • Lately whenever I start a download in Chrome, the Spotify app crashes. I am using the desktop application, not the web player, so there shouldn't be any interaction between the two. The music doesn't...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes

snip

snip why can't you delete your own threads

• Gig Goer
  • snip   why can't you delete your own threads
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Wont Re-install

So Spotify kept saying it wouldn't respond so I uninstalled through the control panel. When i went to re-install it it says Error Code 18 (its running or something). I went to appdata and the app is still there. I tried to delete everything but it sa...

• So Spotify kept saying it wouldn't respond so I uninstalled through the control panel. When i went to re-install it it says Error Code 18 (its running or something). I went to appdata and the app is ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Two Steps From Bugs

Hi!I'm using Spotify for all my music needs for over a year, and I'm sorry that I have to report an issue. When I try to play music from "Two Steps From..." (Thomas Bergersen's band), the playback often suddenly stops, and Spotify displays an alert t...

• Regular
  • Hi! I'm using Spotify for all my music needs for over a year, and I'm sorry that I have to report an issue.   When I try to play music from "Two Steps From..." (Thomas Bergersen's band), th...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Play the last song

How can i setup Spotify to play the last song instantly and not just start the running song again?Background: Cortana voice control has a feature to go backwards, but it will just start over the current song again and not really skip one song backwar...

• How can i setup Spotify to play the last song instantly and not just start the running song again? Background: Cortana voice control has a feature to go backwards, but it will just start over the cu...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to import one specific .mp3 file

Hi, I tried to import local files to Spotify while most worked, one just wont go. I see it in the local files folder and i can add it to playlists but it wont play. Spotify just says that it isnt available. It is downloaded from soundcloud like other...

• Visitor
  • Hi,   I tried to import local files to Spotify while most worked, one just wont go. I see it in the local files folder and i can add it to playlists but it wont play. Spotify just says that it...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Is family plan restricted???

I've joined my family account and now if I try to keep skipping songs (maybe more than 6 or 7) spotify suggests me to be a premium. I've checked and it says family plan means to have seperate premiums. Boy it's so much effort for listening to bleep o...

• I've joined my family account and now if I try to keep skipping songs (maybe more than 6 or 7) spotify suggests me to be a premium. I've checked and it says family plan means to have seperate premium...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Windows app opens up in different place then it was last time

Hi, i have this issue for quite a while and now i'm done. i need this to be fixed or else im unsubbing. I have my spotify set up like this: but ALWAYS! ALWAYS for quite some time spotify opens up when i open up my pc like this: WHY DOES THIS HAPPEN?!...

Untitled-1.png 2.png
  • Hi,   i have this issue for quite a while and now i'm done. i need this to be fixed or else im unsubbing. I have my spotify set up like this:    but ALWAYS! ALWAYS for quite some...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[Desktop] The Song doest correspond

Hi, i have a problem with a song, as u can see, in the newest album of Linkin Park, the song "One More Light" doest correspond, instead i have the song "And One" and i dont know why.I have Windows 10 Pro, my version on Spotify is 1.0.59.395.ge6ca9946...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, i have a problem with a song, as u can see, in the newest album of Linkin Park, the song  "One More Light" doest correspond, instead i have the song "And One" and i dont know why. I hav...
  • Venom1987
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify can't read any music with or without internet.

Hi, I'm on windows, i'm using the last version of spotify, i reinstalled it twice, but when i want to play a song from one of my playlists, or spotify's ones, the app tells me then the song is unavailable, and if I wanna play it i can import it.It do...

• Hi, I'm on windows, i'm using the last version of spotify, i reinstalled it twice, but when i want to play a song from one of my playlists, or spotify's ones, the app tells me then the song is unavai...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline on PC while streaming on Echo Dot

Hello, I am trying to fix an issue where I am unable to use the offline function on my Desktop to listen to my downloaded playlist on spotify without it kicking a streaming Echo Dot. Example: I want to listen to my offline playlist on my Desktop, whi...

• Hello,   I am trying to fix an issue where I am unable to use the offline function on my Desktop to listen to my downloaded playlist on spotify without it kicking a streaming Echo Dot.  ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify to play on two computers

How do I get spotify to play the same songs and station on two computers?

• Casual Listener
  • How do I get spotify to play the same songs and station on two computers?
  • JulianA_Bogota
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify changes information of imported songs

Good eveningI just configured the Local Files section so it only shows my Itunes musics, and I find out that Spotify changes completeley the name, artist and/or album of many songs. How can I fix this? Greetings

• Casual Listener
  • Good evening I just configured the Local Files section so it only shows my Itunes musics, and I find out that Spotify changes completeley the name, artist and/or album of many songs. How can I fix t...
  • tlacuache99
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Did you guys just remove listeners geography from "About" page?

My Spotify just got upgraded to the new build 1.0.58.573.g57c9cd87 (Windows Store version) and it stopped to show where from most of the listeners on an artist's about page. Why you have removed this information, is there any plan to add it back? Tha...

• Casual Listener
  • My Spotify just got upgraded to the new build 1.0.58.573.g57c9cd87 (Windows Store version) and it stopped to show where from most of the listeners on an artist's about page. Why you ha...
  • RobertLoblaw
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes